• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hope UK10 works for me. I sized up a half size from my CJ size (9.5UK). If not, :fu:

curious how this last fits you as we have a similar size and foot shape. good luck

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Somebody needs to snap up that other pair in UK 9.5 right away. That is the lowest price I've ever seen on a new pair of G&Gs.

I sold some for a lot less a few years ago. Surprisingly they took ages to sell.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big box from Nick to greet me upon my return from NYC. The Arran and the St. James in suede were from a previous delivery and required small mods, and I'm happy to state that the issues were very well addressed. An obligatory family portrait followed by more pics of the newbs...

Hove MH71 in vintage oak
Kensington MH71 in vintage pine

12c4225e.jpg

7b667794.jpg

d555215b.jpg

b88869e8.jpg

ee45d523.jpg

5dddd7e8.jpg

44504536.jpg

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i am talking UK sizing not US

I am talking UK. My size in G&G is 8D. I have narrow feet.

Big box from Nick to greet me upon my return from NYC. The Arran and the St. James in suede were from a previous delivery and required small mods, and I'm happy to state that the issues were very well addressed. An obligatory family portrait followed by more pics of the newbs...
Hove MH71 in vintage oak

12c4225e.jpg

Those Suede St. James look awesome and have me itching for mine in the mole suede.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hove MH71 in vintage oak

12c4225e.jpg

]

wow....NICE shades of brown........ :inlove:

I also kinda like the natural finish on G&G shoetrees....

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What color suede is that in the Adelaides ?

Polo suede... it's a bit darker than Cedar.

medtech, very nice shoes. I assume these are all RTW models?

Actually, all of these have fit mods as determined by Dean Girling at the beginning of the year. The adjustments have made a great fit even better.

I am talking UK. My size in G&G is 8D. I have narrow feet.

Me too! :)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Actually, all of these have fit mods as determined by Dean Girling at the beginning of the year. The adjustments have made a great fit even better.

what did they do, if you don't mind me asking?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just bought these in UK10 from SF's favourite ebay seller
UK 9.5 is still available at what i felt is a fair price in case anyone is interested
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2a13884933#ht_2160wt_905

Damn, I have been eyeballing these since they were $990. I have not yet checked to see if my size is still available... lets hope not for my wallets sake. :)

I tried these on in black leather (BTW, no RL store in the USA stocks these, I checked) and they ran slightly small.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gaziano & Girling Wigmore size UK11F
:slayer: in-focking-sane sorry bout the sizing :(
Hove MH71 in vintage oak Kensington MH71 in vintage pine
12c4225e.jpg
7b667794.jpg
d555215b.jpg
b88869e8.jpg
ee45d523.jpg
5dddd7e8.jpg
44504536.jpg
im not sure if i hate you or love you. most likely both :)
Woohoo - my shoes have arrived. Just need to snag a time to go get them :) I should have some pictures up over the weekend :slayer:
POAST PICS DOODE

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rhetorical question (?): How long is a standard UK 11.5, for instance? Is the G&G 11.5 the same length as the EG 11.5? or the Lobb 11.5?
Where is the medial ball joint located on an extended toe 11.5 versus a more classically styled 11.5?
How about widths?
How long is a US 11.5? Where is the medial ball joint located on a Alden 11.5 versus an Allen Edmond 11.5?
I suspect that the correct answer is "no one knows." The answer is not out there.
Which makes all such comparisons meaningless.

G&G 11.5 is shorter than EG 11.5 & JL 11.5. The Wigmore boots fit me after a couple of break-in seasons on the carpet. My previous experience with G&G was with their Hayes model which is also built on the TG73 last. The Hayes fit great out of the box and thats what I was expecting from the Wigmores. However the Hayes felt really right and because its a boot, is slightly more difficult to fit into. I compared outsole measurements from the Hayes with the Wigmore and they are indeed the same size. For whatever reason, the boots were just really tight out of the box. And I was able to confirm this by inserting the TG73 lasted shoe trees (saved from the Hayes) into the boots and it took considerable effort getting them in on the first try. Fortunately, it worked out. Looking forward to wearing them for a long time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads