• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was at Despos today and Gaziano was there with an array of shoes. He had these sitting out as well; they are quite wild. Very nice shoes.

They can be seen here:

6264785717_ab02b1f4eb_z.jpg

Had a great chat with Tony today as well. Chris had to run out for a bit, so we got to talk shoes, G&G, and all sorts of cool stuff. Very classy guy.

I have more pics. Not as many as last time, but some. I will post them in a bit.

nice to see other taking pictures too

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They can be seen here:
6264785717_ab02b1f4eb_z.jpg

Had a great chat with Tony today as well. Chris had to run out for a bit, so we got to talk shoes, G&G, and all sorts of cool stuff. Very classy guy.
I have more pics. Not as many as last time, but some. I will post them in a bit.

Front row 6 and 7,are they bespoke or RTW?Look like bespoke

back row are deco's front are all BS

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't remember. I think that is a display of all bespoke samples and Decos, but was not paying close enough attention to those two.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting, what do you plan to wear these with?

That's a very good question.....one that I'm still contemplating.

I work in a NOT conservative business dress environment in a creative executive sort of position. So it's pretty much a job requirement to break the rules with my personal appearance in most cases. That being said....

I'm thinking with a medium navy blue solid suit I've recently purchased. It's and interesting fabric with a bit of a 'sheen'. (Sounds garish I know - but it isn't.)

Or a medium gray flannel suit.

Also thinking they will look good with gray flannel trousers and sport coat.

But really, I'm not completely sure until I test them out a bit - the color is pretty reddish. I purchased them with the thought that they will patina down to something extra rich but a little more subtle than they are new.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's a very good question.....one that I'm still contemplating.
I work in a NOT conservative business dress environment in a creative executive sort of position. So it's pretty much a job requirement to break the rules with my personal appearance in most cases. That being said....
I'm thinking with a medium navy blue solid suit I've recently purchased. It's and interesting fabric with a bit of a 'sheen'. (Sounds garish I know - but it isn't.)
Or a medium gray flannel suit.
Also thinking they will look good with gray flannel trousers and sport coat.
But really, I'm not completely sure until I test them out a bit - the color is pretty reddish. I purchased them with the thought that they will patina down to something extra rich but a little more subtle than they are new.

I'm not a jeans wearin' guy myself, but they would probably look good with jeans, or with anything grey. Vintage Cherry looks amazing with greys.

Leather man

Reaction score

3 days in a row - i hate biz trips :-(
GGDerbyspigskin.jpg

GGDerbyspigskin000.jpg

Is that a cut or a seam I can see ? Soon after you had these G&G BS made I rang Dean to ask if he had any of the tan pig skin left - for an extra £100 on top of the MTO surcharge I had a pair of Derwent made up. I don't know if it was from the same skin as yours but Dean did say it was left over from a BS order. They are my most comfortable and favourite pair of G&Gs!

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is that a cut or a seam I can see ? !

It's a cut and a seam. - The shoe is side-closed (without a back seam)..

The galosh section on the outside (lateral) goes all the way round the heel until it meets the shorter section on the inside (medial) where the leather gets skin-stitched (by hand) from the underside.

Apart from rigorous blocking (crimping) to make a truly seamless galosh section (I doubt, this is possible with pigskin as the leather has relatively little 'drape') this is the nearest thing to seamless.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have a full post with pics (though not as many as the first time since I forgot my camera in the car for the first half) to come, but while I'm thinking about it, I did talk with Tony about the new models. One of the things that he said was these (specifically the dub monks) are the first round for the new models and that he has a few adjustments he wants to make. For example, on the Grosvenor, he mentioned spreading the straps a bit so that they aren't sitting there so plainly, but rather so that there's a bit of a wider u shape to them.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The galosh section on the outside (lateral) goes all the way round the heel until it meets the shorter section on the inside (medial) where the leather gets skin-stitched (by hand) from the underside.
Apart from rigorous blocking (crimping) to make a truly seamless galosh section (I doubt, this is possible with pigskin as the leather has relatively little 'drape') this is the nearest thing to seamless.

FWIW, I have crimped pigskin...veg tanned pig, at that...for full wellington liners. And I suspect veg tanned pig has less of a 'hand' than chrome tanned.

rsharp00

Reaction score
General question - I'm a noob so this'll probably sound dumb - but if I can only afford one pair of G&G, is it a waste to have them made-up in suede? I wear jeans more often than not, and I'm in Texas where the weather won't destroy suede.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

General question - I'm a noob so this'll probably sound dumb - but if I can only afford one pair of G&G, is it a waste to have them made-up in suede? I wear jeans more often than not, and I'm in Texas where the weather won't destroy suede.

If thats what you like... do it! :)

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
3 days in a row - i hate biz trips :-(
GGDerbyspigskin.jpg

GGDerbyspigskin000.jpg

Is that a cut or a seam I can see ? Soon after you had these G&G BS made I rang Dean to ask if he had any of the tan pig skin left - for an extra £100 on top of the MTO surcharge I had a pair of Derwent made up. I don't know if it was from the same skin as yours but Dean did say it was left over from a BS order. They are my most comfortable and favourite pair of G&Gs!

bengal is right, i side seem with a skin stitch

Nice! i remember you saying about it ether on here or AAAC - can you post pictures please i love to see how yours have aged

Is that a cut or a seam I can see ? !

i have 3 lots of samples in different browns from cracks of pig skin, some tones are softer than others thro i a would have to agree that i dont think it would be as easy to shrink

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If thats what you like... do it! :)

+1 :slayer:

Leather man

Reaction score

bengal is right, i side seem with a skin stitch
Nice! i remember you saying about it ether on here or AAAC - can you post pictures please i love to see how yours have aged
i have 3 lots of samples in different browns from cracks of pig skin, some tones are softer than others thro i a would have to agree that i dont think it would be as easy to shrink

I am going away for a couple of weeks but will try to remember to post pics when I return.

I did a quick calculation of the price increase for MTO for G&G and EG since 2007. G&G have gone up by 67% ! (granted based on the price of £500 forMTO - which may have been simply to gain a foothold in the market) and EG have will have gone up by 47% once they bring in their annual price rise in January. For the first time I am beginning to wonder if the shoes are really worth the price asked - I feel that costs are becoming runaway train.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads