• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Barba Napoli lt. gray slacks, RLPL suede belt

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few items for offer that either didn't fit or I no longer have need for.

#1 Beautiful pair of Barba Napoli wool slacks in light gray. Size EU 48, but these are super slim fitting. Single pleated, split curtained waistband, button fly with hook tab closure, coin pocket, unlined. Sale suspended.

32" waist
31" inseam (1/2" to let)
10.5" rise
8" hem (1 1/4" cuff)
img2720of2.jpg

#2 Zanella wool slacks in excellent condition. Double pleated, in blue-gray weave finish. Tagged US34 with 33" actual waist - these are on the baggier side. $25 shipped in conUS.

27.25" inseam (0 to let or 1.75" with no cuff)
13" rise
12.5" at knee
9.5" hem (cuffed)
img1882by0.jpg

Payment by Google Checkout preferred.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming then that the Barba pants wouldn't fit a size 33 (my size in Inco slim fits and the like)?

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I'm assuming then that the Barba pants wouldn't fit a size 33 (my size in Inco slim fits and the like)?

Probably not.

I'm usually a size 33 myself, though I don't wear Inco's due their rise. I'm relatively thin (6', 155 lbs) with a 36" hip measurement and these fit me like a wetsuit from the waist down to the knee.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
is there enough material to let out 2 inches on the Barba pants?

There is just over 3" to let on the waist. One would need to have skinny thighs/legs to make it work though. Laying flat, the thigh measures 12" across and 10" at the knee. A very slim fit.

While taking measurements, I am amazed by the finish.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there extra material alone the seams of the legs? Last time I had my tailor letting out the waist , he also let out the thighs with the extra material alone the seams of the legs .........

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Barba lightweight wool, or heavier material?

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't considered bad form, but I am suspending sale of the Barba's to see if my tailor can let these out enough for me. If he cannot, I will re-institute the sale.

Apologies for the change of heart.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't blame you. Those are awesome pants. If I had the legs of a chick, I'd buy them. But having to go the route of letting things out here and there is too much for me. I, like everyone here, am high maintenance...just kidding...about me.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOOOOOO!!!!

just kidding,
smile.gif
, I thnk the legs could be let out another inch or so,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads