• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Blue Friday - Who did it best? VOTE!!!!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace
This week was probably the strongest challenge yet; I didn't stand a chance.
smile.gif
I would've voted for yfyf too. Nailed it.

Suggestion for another challenge: the B&S only challenge, where an outfit has to be assembled from items purchased on B&S. It would be an interesting inventory exercise at a minimum.

Originally Posted by aeglus
Highly disagreed. Some good entries but nowhere near the top.

Originally Posted by Eustace
You're probably right. The recency theory at play. Last week's Pitti paled in comparison.

I thought this was one of the weakest challenges we've seen. I was scrolling through these looks, and *yawn*...

Different strokes I guess?

Speaking of voting irregularities, I still think there should be a one vote policy. This crap where you can vote for everyone is too nice. Sure there are lots of great looks in lots of challenges, but this is a "best" of contest. There should only be one, winner and vote per voter. Just my 2 cents. Rant over.

Jan_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
But I think there's something to be said for trying to be selective when voting, and giving out 3 votes is already more than enough.
smile.gif

I gave 14 votes from 26 possible. Could be that I'm not too strict, but once a look passes my threshold I vote for it. If I see this isn't wanted, I change my voting behaviour, of course.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Speaking of voting irregularities, I still think there should be a one vote policy. This crap where you can vote for everyone is too nice. Sure there are lots of great looks in lots of challenges, but this is a "best" of contest. There should only be one, winner and vote per voter.

The winner takes it all? Empirically this is a bad policy to motivate people to participate. When those in the mid-range get constantly 0 they can't see whether they improve and drop out someday. The challenge (not contest) ends then with the usual suspects.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I'd make a poll to ask if everyone agrees. I'll make it multiple choice
lol8[1].gif

Do it.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Speaking of voting irregularities, I still think there should be a one vote policy. This crap where you can vote for everyone is too nice. Sure there are lots of great looks in lots of challenges, but this is a "best" of contest. There should only be one, winner and vote per voter. Just my 1 cents. Rant over.

You overspent. FTFY.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd make a poll to ask if everyone agrees. I'll make it multiple choice
lol8[1].gif

It's Style forum...

You will have: Maybe yes, Maybe no, Not sure now will come back to you later , No but wait to see if Vox agrees with me, Yes if i can vote for myself, No if i can't use my three usernames to bump up my votes...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
pandarts was clean, but i gotta give it up for spoopoker dude.

SPOOKER is not a dude...

How dare you?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
pandarts was clean, but i gotta give it up for spoopoker dude.

fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by lasbar
SPOOKER is not a dude...

How dare you?

The gall.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC_3375.jpg

How did this outfit get so many votes considering how much of it is covered by the coat and scarf? It also amazes me how many SFers can shoehorn a pair of gloves into the breast pocket of their topcoats. Either you guys have kangaroo pouches stitched onto your coats, or you have tiny hands.

blue.jpg

This outfit follows the challenge theme so closely that it might well have won the Monochromatic Challenge. You weren't around for that, were you, LC? I'd prefer this either with a scarf in place of the tie or with slacks instead of jeans. Yes, I know the tie is whimsical, but it's still a tie, and those jeans just aren't dressy enough to carry it.

waywrnchallengeblue.jpg

How the hell do you maintain those shoes in Sweden? I live MANY parallels of latitude farther south, and I still don't get enough perfect weather days to justify suede shoes. You're an indoor cat, aren't you.

P1020607973x1280.jpg

Neil deGrasse Tyson called; he wants his suspenders back. On a more serious note, I'm surprised that someone who dresses as formally as you do wears shirts with pockets. Among the more orthodox members here, that's like having belt loops on slacks that you wear with braces. (For the record, almost all my shirts have pockets, and I'm geeky enough to use them.)

DSC_6088.JPG

Now that's what I call commitment to outdoor lighting! Hate the socks. Love everything else. Something looks a little off on the jacket fit, but I can't tell because you're slouching under the umbrella.

feb04006.jpg

Anybody else think HF would have done better here with a white linen PS, or at least something lighter and less similar to his sweater ... er, I mean jumper?

BlueChallenge-3.JPG

I hope to see clothespins catching on any day now. What do you say, Mike. Be an early adopter?

downsized_0203011459.jpg

I think it was Fred who already pointed to this shot as a great example of the value of close-ups. Fantastic colors in that tie, O. And the colors in the shirt were completely unexpected and would have been missed without the zoom. On a more critical note, I'm not sure you're a club collar guy. Awful thing to say now that I've seen how beautiful that shirt is, but it makes your face look rounder than it probably is. Yes, even sans mask.

Blue_020311_03.jpg

Looks like you suddenly grew a pair ... or stilts, that is. Must be the angle, PA, but it looks like your thighs connect to your torso somewhere up around your belly button. There, I said it: belly button. The only thing that would improve this fit is - and I'm tired of saying it - a clothespin tie clip.

DSC00027-1.jpg

I like this a lot, Doral, and wish you had gotten an even closer pic of that tie. However, I think the trousers are too full and make you look bottom heavy. Can you give me the details on the tie and those beautiful shoes?

5415041177_640b43233a_b.jpg

TTO, I think you, too, are not a great candidate for club collars. You might get away with them if you trimmed your beard in a more angular manner, but your beard is very full and rounded at the chin, and that's right above the rounded collar.

200e8n7.jpg

Jacket looks a bit big to me. Need a full frontal shot to be sure. Am I mistaken, or have you buttoned all three buttons down the front?

http://redirectingat.com/?id=4092X64...p%3Ft%3D223404
Very pretty tie and sport coat fabrics. Worth a requote.

shacket.jpg

Darker wash jeans would make the shirt pop more. As it is, this kind of looks like you're wearing a matching denim shirt under your sport coat.

WAYWT3of6-1.jpg

Very pretty fabric. But it looks like there might be too much of it. Tighten your belt, maybe?

040220113404.jpg

Oh, for god's sake, Spoozy. You, too?

Leaning-16.jpg

I'd like to thank NOBD, with all due sarcasm, for determining that NEXT week will be the jeans and SC challenge.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
I'll throw a vote to yfyf too, in addition to my other choices. Screw the poll.

+Infinity.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
SPOOKER is not a dude...

How dare you?

How would you know?
sly.gif

Lassy and Spooey... sitting in a tree...

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I did get engaged in France...
inlove.gif

Is he at least good looking?
lol8[1].gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Is he at least good looking?
lol8[1].gif

Spooker will be asking you to a sartorial duel on SF for such offensive remarks...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads