• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE: VALENTINE'S EDITION - 02/14/2014 - FU JACKET

Who said FU best?

• Monkeyface

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • stylesbitchly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cotton Dockers

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • luv2breformed

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Roycru

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Mr. Six

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • DonCologne

• ReubenR

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • RogerP

• in stitches

• CousinDonuts

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • kulata

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • J011yroger

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • archibaldleach

• An Acute Style

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Pliny

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • tchoy

• Butler

Votes: 58 50.4%
  • Academic2

• sansimeon

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dat jacket :slayer:

i fear my FU is not as FU as the fits going up. damn guys, well done.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble seeing any of the current submissions as "FU" in the sense of “loud,” which was how it was defined at the close of the last challenge when I inquired. They're all quite beautiful, but they don't strike me as "loud" (I intend that as a compliment, by the way). I guess in this context "loud" means "strongly patterned," not necessarily "brightly patterned"? I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to grasp the intended meaning of the term in the present context.

Perhaps this is one of those generation gap things ...

Cheers,

Ac

luv2breformed

Reaction score
I'm having trouble seeing any of the current submissions as "FU" in the sense of “loud,” which was how it was defined at the close of the last challenge when I inquired. They're all quite beautiful, but they don't strike me as "loud" (I intend that as a compliment, by the way). I guess in this context "loud" means "strongly patterned," not necessarily "brightly patterned"? I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to grasp the intended meaning of the term in the present context.

Cheers,

Ac

No, Ac I agree with you. This was the reason I thought I couldn't play in the winter. I have a couple FU madras jackets, but they are for summer. Stiches comment really threw me for a loop. If he thought these were pretty FU, then perhaps I have much too high a standard. I may be able to play after all.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
FU jackets could mean different things to different people. At the end of the day, it's the crowd who will decide if it's (a) the proper FU; and (b) the most well-liked FU.

Just a reminder: it's the jacket that's the centrepiece of the challenge.

There hasn't been one put up yet, but if there is a non-patterned FU jacket that is posted, this is where the multi-vote could work swimmingly - one vote for patterned FU jacket, one for a non-patterned.

Just a thought. Glad to hear yours.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton Dockers has my vote for now. His fit would be superb in any context, but the jacket is especially memorable.

To me, "FU" means what it says: "I'm going to rock this jacket and I don't care whether you like it or not". Imagine a President delivering a State of the Union address in that jacket. Or a CEO delivering his annual report to the Board.

Y'all feelin' me?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, Ac I agree with you. This was the reason I thought I couldn't play in the winter. I have a couple FU madras jackets, but they are for summer. Stiches comment really threw me for a loop. If he thought these were pretty FU, then perhaps I have much too high a standard. I may be able to play after all.

to me, anything that is loud is FU. just the way i see it.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fit wise, that might be one of your best ever. everything is clean and the lines are nice and fit your body right.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
My best attempt:

And I was like
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
worship.gif

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great combo! Details on tie?

Thanks! It is a vintage grenadine from "Carroll & Co." , a tradly mens store in Los Angeles.

Cheers,

Ac

I see your point, especially compared to most of the options posted by Nabilmust, but I think we sometimes forget what the reaction to a jacket would be on SF, as opposed to in the "real world" of solid blue and grey suits. SF is filled with colorful items, both tasteful and not, that do not elicit a reaction deserving of an FU, but I think any of the fits posted so far would elicit a double take from co-workers, friends, significant others, etc. in our day-to-day lives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads