• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge April 29, 2016: Navy Trousers Unleashed

Who is the great unleashed wearer of navy trousers?

• KingPSQ

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EFV

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • CruzAzul

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • DiplomaticTies

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Anden

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Rais

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • AlexRamius

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • leftofthedial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy57

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Often maligned as difficult to incorporate into one's workplace wardrobe, here's our opportunity to celebrate the navy odd trouser. And since this is a CruzChallenge, I'm throwing in the the added difficulty of no ties. This probably just turned into Casual Friday for some, but who doesn't enjoy a challenge? So there it is: vote on the best execution of business-appropriate attire incorporating navy odd trousers and no tie.
Specific breakdown of rules: 1. Navy trousers: can be khaki, wool, orphaned suit pants, whatever. You won't be disqualified if they're some other variety of dark blue. Obviously no denim. 2. No neckties, bowties, or other corporate chokechains. Scarves are acceptible. Pocket squares are always welcome. Cravats/ascots will be singled out for ridicule. 3. Entries accepted until mignight ET on 4/29/2016. Poal goes up Saturday before noon. Let's do this! ...and it's on:
I'm new to the challenges. Hope this qualifies.
My attire for today, minus the tie . . .
What I wore today:
Outdoors:
Jacket: Brooks Brothers Shirt: Luxire Trousers: Suitsupply Shoes: Meermin Mallorca Pocket square and wrist beads: Homemade Wristwatch: Omega
Navy linen pants. Some people may wonder if this is really business appropriate but I can tell you that last summer we had four weeks of constant temperatures between 30-40 degrees here in Geneva, and this was a fully acceptable outfit then, even in official meetings. But of course I always add a tie...
SC - Boglioli Shirt - Kamakura PS- Altea Trousers - JCrew Shoes - C&J Handgrade suede
Coat: Masaki Matsushima Shirt: Uniqlo x Lemaire Pants: Burberry Shoes: Bally Bag: Porter
So i guess i've made an outfit for the challenge without knowing it :p mostly french brands you shouldn't know: Jacket: Blandin & Delloye (MTM) Shirt: SuitSupply JORT Pants: Julien Scavini (MTM) Shoes: Caulaincourt Pocket Square: Monsieur London Edit: Oh, i forgot, the glasses are from 'murica: Moscot.
I really dig this idea for the challenge! This is the first I've entered, I think. Hopefully Air Force blue will get a pass And not the greatest photo, but I liked all the detail. Southwick for H. Stockton MTM New England Blue Oxford MTM Popover Southwick for H. Stockton MTM Alden
A rare for me open neck and button down ...
sevhgy.jpg
xf86cm.jpg
zlfajn.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to vote for that ensemble in the OP. That's the way to do it.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably in.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My attire for today, minus the tie . . .

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What I wore today:

Outdoors:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bah! I wish you hadn't included "business appropriate" in the requirements. That pretty much shoots down what I was going to do (seersucker). Will look forward to everyone's entries though!

Man, that sounds awesome. In my line of business (cultural non-profits in Upper Manhattan) if you did a Friday presentation in a seersucker blazer you would totally own the room. I think you should go for it and let the voters decide.

There's no such thing as business-appropriate attire with no tie.

Try to view this as a challenge, or an opportunity to broaden your perceptions beyond your own industry / culture / etc. You'd be surprised how much business is conducted in the arts sector, or on casual Fridays, or in the entire republic of Iran for instance.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket: Brooks Brothers
Shirt: Luxire
Trousers: Suitsupply
Shoes: Meermin Mallorca
Pocket square and wrist beads: Homemade
Wristwatch: Omega

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads