• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foofy got busted last night!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
AAAC just doesn't understand the foof.
Maybe it can't handle the Foof.
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Trashing the aesthetics of AE and proposing in it's place Alden is akin to trashing the health benefits of cigarettes and proposing in its place a good dose of Meth.
They give me something to do with my hands.
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I heard a 720 welt. The shoes spin around on your feet, to avoid any creasing.

0.jpg

Right round like a record, baby Right round, round, round.

I want your loooooOOOOOOOOOwwwooooooOOOOOOOOOOwwwwooooooOOOoove.

I want your loooooOOOOOOOOOwwwooooooOOOOOOOOOOwwwwooooooOOOoove.

etc.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You guys should see what they're saying about me at FNB.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
You guys should see what they're saying about me at FNB.

Silly. Who doesn't look a little stiff trying to take staged photos to showcase clothing?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foof,

All you need now is to have your picture taken by the Sartorialist.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
What I do support Mr. Foo on with the AAAC thread is one point only; that being Moderators.
Mr. Foo could have used some finesse with his words there, however,
no matter the fora, no moderator should ever ban or threaten to ban when someone speaks their mind. That destroys freedom of speech. The moderator who threatened Mr. Foo, should have his Mod privileges revoked and also apologise to Mr. Foo for the threatening behaviour.
What the AAAC Moderator should have done, was to stop any gang-style flaming on one person for speaking his (her) mind.
The overall atmosphere over at AAAC is comparable to a funeral parlor whereas SF is more like a Techno club & the hang-over that comes after.
If anyone was able to wake the dead over at AAAC, it was Mr. Foo. And he did it with only 2 posts.
bounce2.gif
boxing[1].gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
What I do support Mr. Foo on with the AAAC thread is one point only; that being Moderators.
Mr. Foo could have used some finesse with his words there, however,
no matter the fora, no moderator should ever ban or threaten to ban when someone speaks their mind. That destroys freedom of speech. The moderator who threatened Mr. Foo, should have his Mod privileges revoked and also apologise to Mr. Foo for the threatening behaviour.
What the AAAC Moderator should have done, was to stop any gang-style flaming on one person for speaking his (her) mind.
The overall atmosphere over at AAAC is comparable to a funeral parlor whereas SF is more like a Techno club & the hang-over that comes after.
If anyone was able to wake the dead over at AAAC, it was Mr. Foo. And he did it with only 2 posts.
bounce2.gif
boxing[1].gif

Brilliant.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! The shoe creasing thread at FNB. Simply wow. Especially the guy saying he chops wood in his Vass shoes. That's like taking your Porsche to get crap from the home improvement market because it's just a car and it doesn't matter if it looks used. And the part about when they were at school... destroying another childs shoes because they look new... that is so marsupialed, I wonder if they ever had any education?!
facepalm.gif
On the original topic, I have to agree with the Foo. AE are quite underwhelming, especially for the price here in Europe (regular AE retail at appr. 510 US$ where I live. You nearly get C&J for that money or 2 pair of Loake1880). They may be a nice bang for the buck on Sale in USA, but other than that, meh.

UpperWestie

Reaction score
^^yeah but if you wore AE with an Abercrombie shirt and Banana Republic pants your would be COOL in Europe! At least thats what the bags carried by the throngs of Euro tourists on 5th ave suggests to me...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
hey now!
i'm wearing a pair of AEs with BR pants right this minute!
don't take away my child-like innocence and joy from having just recently gained an appreciation for not looking homeless!

One or two pairs of Allen Edmonds signifies innocence, even courage under some circumstances. A vast collection of Allen Edmonds shoes signifies an irrevocable, lifetime AAAC membership. Choose wisely.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One or two pairs of Allen Edmonds signifies innocence, even courage under some circumstances. A vast collection of Allen Edmonds shoes signifies involuntary and irrevocable AAAC membership. Choose wisely.

And five pair of the same Alden longwing signifies...?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
And five pair of the same Alden longwing signifies...?

Genius and a spot in Esquire
smile.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
One or two pairs of Allen Edmonds signifies innocence, even courage under some circumstances. A vast collection of Allen Edmonds shoes signifies involuntary and irrevocable AAAC membership. Choose wisely.

There is only one out, and that is the JLibourel Allen Edmonds Out, or the JLAEO.

To earn it, you must (a) have had long but similarly checkered life and (b) be a good shot.

- B

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
hey now!
i'm wearing a pair of AEs with BR pants right this minute!
don't take away my child-like innocence and joy from having just recently gained an appreciation for not looking homeless!

I'd buy the Mora in brown or the McClain in brown-bone without hesitation because they are nice styles that are only found at higher prices otherwise. But for most shoes there is an more elegant alternative from another brand at a similar price point. But eh, everyone has a different taste. At UK7 clunky shoes make my feet look square.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads