• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fingerless Gloves?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel

Edit: not a fan of the leather quilted arm warmers above. Those extend too far up the forearm for my liking. If you're going for the arm-warmer look, then go ahead and go all the way. If they cut short like a set of normal gloves, I'd be more of a fan.

I like gloves that extend a good deal up the forearm, as they keep snow from getting in between your sleeve. I think those leather ones are pug-fugly, though.

scoon0224

Reaction score
Those quilted leather ones make me think of this
evl-1006-2T.jpg
And for those wondering about functionality... they're used quite often for shooting. SO you get street rep if you carry a handgun when wearing fingerless gloves I prefer to chop the fingers myself. I have a couple messed up fingers that freeze much easier, so I leave those ones longer. Too cold to do without. Too many zippers, bills, coins, keys to use regular gloves.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of green ones from SierraTradingPost, all wool and I think 40g of Thinsulate. ~$15 shipped.

Went by the local H&M the other day, and saw the exact same thing for $8. Had them in grey and black.

Yes, fingerless gloves keep your hands warm. Bloodflow from the warm hand to the fingertips is good, and they are mandatory for those who actually have to do **** outside even when it's snowing. Convertible mittens are great, but I wear a pair of normal gloves with the fingers cut off a lot because I like having an exposed thumb.

IGF-1

Reaction score
bought some $3 knit gloves at target (navy, black, gray)

cut the fingers off

voilà

Mauby

Reaction score
Got a pair of wool fingerless gloves. A lot warmer than wearing no gloves at all. Can still use my keys, etc. with them. My hands are usually in my coat pockets when it's bitter cold.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_-oaKf...eature=related

Mittens are warmer than gloves as they trap the air around your fingers.
The glove / mittens are the most practical thing unless you're working in the wet with them.

^They're still not that bad if the glove-mitten-frankenstein is made of wool. Even then, a simple pair of latex gloves underneath it all takes care of the moisture....just tell everyone you're albino from the neck down.

scoon0224

Reaction score
Nobody is disputing the warmth of proper mittens. They trap more air, plus let your fingers warm each other as well.
Originally Posted by Teger
when I wear mittens I feel like some mongoloid marsupial with an inability to use or feel his fingers, only able to helplessly paw at himself in a vain effort to change the Pandora song on his iPhone.
This about sums it up, with incredible eloquence and political incorrectness.

Fingerless gloves (even convertible glomitts/glittens) are not extreme weather equipment. And are not intended to be.

If its REAL cold out, I have pockets in my coat to put my hands in between tasks. Those pockets are warmed by my torso, making them toastier than the cap (?) of a glitten.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads