• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Any experiences or feedback on the rucksack? I have typically used my sportsman bag as a smaller, more portable kit than my duffle. I really like the sportsman due the many compartments. But I am looking for something that may be easier to get around with for day excursions. I like the idea of the rucksack for a camera, laptop, water bottle and other sundries, but would appreciate any insights from current or former owners.

Thanks.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thesilentist posted this on his tumblr:

If you’re looking to buy something from Filson, then please take a look at Hilton Tent City. Use code FSNREG11 to get 15% off all Filson products they stock. Plus, you get free shipping on orders over $50. That’s pretty much the cheapest price on Filson products you’ll find on the web (and, yes, I spent a lot of time looking). Their site is a little old, but they delivered quickly and I didn’t have any problems with them. They even have Filson’s “Red Label” tote bags in stock.

Patrick James

Reaction score
Did you mean color or bits of the leather? I've never actually noticed either happening, but doesn't mean it's not happening.

Colour from the leather. I suppose if you're wearing a rather dark flannel underneath, it's not noticeable. But a lightweight button-up or light coloured t-shirt will see transfer from the armpits up to the top of the shoulder.

mike134

Reaction score
lol, I think the guy that said the white scuffs are "white out" is making fun of me. But I think it really is paint transfer from a poorly painted drywall wall.

raneym305

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a used medium or duffle in either tan or brown.

I know I know... I was just criticizing the duffle a couple of weeks ago, but this is a gift for my brother-in-law and he is dead set on the medium duffle.

If you have one you'd be willing to let go of for a reasonable price or are looking to trade for something, PM me.

I'm having a tough time finding a used medium duffle on Craigslist and Ebay.

Thanks alot!

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of my Filson stuff...

top to bottom:
pullman - otter green
medium duffel - tan
zipperd tote - brown
medium duffel (2) - otter green
small duffel- otter green
257 - brown
suit cover - tan
trying to unload both of the tan bags, med duffel is near perfect (only used twice...bottom is just a tad dirty, otherwise like new) and suit cover is in good condition, used maybe ten times...PM me if interested

Hey guys,

I know I know... I was just criticizing the duffle a couple of weeks ago, but this is a gift for my brother-in-law and he is dead set on the medium duffle.

If you have one you'd be willing to let go of for a reasonable price or are looking to trade for something, PM me.

Thanks alot!

Worth a PM...

raneym305

Reaction score
Worth a PM...
I PMed him. He said he'd get back to me after the weekend. Haven't heard back yet. My Bro-in-law's birthday isn't until the first of September, so I'm not on a time crunch.

I've got a green Large Wheeled Duffle I was going to give him, but he hasn't stopped talking about how much he wants a medium duffle for the last couple of weeks, so I figured I'd try to find one of those instead.

mike134

Reaction score
I had gotten a PM back from huskeyzealot, he wanted $200 for the tan medium duffle plus shipping. You can get a new one for $250 shipped, so probably not worth it to buy used.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had gotten a PM back from huskeyzealot, he wanted $200 for the tan medium duffle plus shipping.  You can get a new one for $250 shipped, so probably not worth it to buy used. 

Some people think they are worth more used. At least one ebay seller I saw this past week. I am not one of these people.

Caboose66

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks alot!
raney,
Looks like you're in the Seattle area... have you thought about a trip up to the beautiful Skagit Valley (Burlington) to peruse the Filson Outlet? Last time I was in there, they had tons of various luggage items.... can't be sure you'd find the medium duffle though. Might be worth a call ... (360)503-1897

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that gave feedback on the rucksak. I tried it on today and found I didn't like how it rode on my back. Disappointing. I thought I might be able to get by with a medium field bag, but I opted out. Bummed I don't have something a bit more portable for my next trip, but I will manage with my sportsmen and new wheeled duffle.

@raneym305- I have used the medium duffle in the past, but depending on the type of travel your brother-in-law does the wheels may be doing him a big favor. If you have to tote the duffel for any distance, and assuming you aren't in the field, the wheels win.

-H

raneym305

Reaction score
raney,
Looks like you're in the Seattle area... have you thought about a trip up to the beautiful Skagit Valley (Burlington) to peruse the Filson Outlet? Last time I was in there, they had tons of various luggage items.... can't be sure you'd find the medium duffle though. Might be worth a call ... (360)503-1897

Yeah, I checked it out last week. They didn't have any 2nd medium duffles. Everything was vintage. I'll just keep looking around.

Speaking of the Burlington Store: If there's anyone planning on making up trip up here to the Great Northwest, I highly recommend you go to both the Burlington store and The Flagship store!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandsvalley