• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caboose66

Reaction score
Ahhhh, yeah. I hadn't thought of the fact that virtually everything they (the Outlet) have for luggage is "vintage" vs. seconds. I didn't see much of anything in the luggage area that looked at all new - as far as I can recall.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked it out last week. They didn't have any 2nd medium duffles. Everything was vintage. I'll just keep looking around.

Speaking of the Burlington Store: If there's anyone planning on making up trip up here to the Great Northwest, I highly recommend you go to both the Burlington store and The Flagship store!

Ahhhh, yeah. I hadn't thought of the fact that virtually everything they (the Outlet) have for luggage is "vintage" vs. seconds. I didn't see much of anything in the luggage area that looked at all new - as far as I can recall.

Is this were the X'd out tagged pieces come from? By vintage, are they exchanges, repairs,. etc.?

Caboose66

Reaction score
That's a good question. I do believe that ALL of the articles in the outlet store are X-outs. I assume they come from a number of sources (returns, repairs(?), exchanges, seconds, etc.). I honestly don't know how they get such a large number of well-used articles. Does someone return one of these pieces for repair and then the factory tells them "It would just be better to send you a new piece"? If so, they must still make the returned article useable before it goes to the outlet store. It seems that a Company like Filson, with a return policy that legends are made of, would be well-positioned to have an outlet. Maintain a very high-level of customer satisfaction with the liberal return policy and then still have a conduit to market and sell those pieces a second time upon their return/exchange.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

Rucksack is great once broken in. I use mine a lot and love it. Perfect for camera and days essentials.

Thanks. I was really hoping it would be perfect for exactly that. Except I really didn't care for the fit. It seemed to ride very low on my back. I cinched it all the way up, but I just didn't feel it really would wear well. I'm a 42r, so I don't think it was because I'm too slim.

How is the fit once you have broken it in?

Roostertxp

Reaction score
It conforms o your shape. I bought mine used and am glad I did. I tried on a new one recently too and it is like a different bag entirely. Fit is completely different once broken in. I love mine and take it everywhere. Carries a great amount.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good question. I do believe that ALL of the articles in the outlet store are X-outs. I assume they come from a number of sources (returns, repairs(?), exchanges, seconds, etc.). I honestly don't know how they get such a large number of well-used articles. Does someone return one of these pieces for repair and then the factory tells them "It would just be better to send you a new piece"? If so, they must still make the returned article useable before it goes to the outlet store. It seems that a Company like Filson, with a return policy that legends are made of, would be well-positioned to have an outlet. Maintain a very high-level of customer satisfaction with the liberal return policy and then still have a conduit to market and sell those pieces a second time upon their return/exchange.

Thanks for the info. I see X-d tags on lots of the ebay used Filson bags and always wondered where they came from. I bought a well worn 257 from ebay with an X-d tag. It cleaned up well but the zipper is torn in one spot about 3" long.

I've mentioned this before but for reference, I tried to get it repaired by filson (at my expense) and they indicated that they do not work on X-d tagged merchandise, even for a fee at the owner's expense. However, customer service was terrific to deal with and they sent me a new zipper for the bag at no cost so I could have someone repair it locally.

Last edited:

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

Heading to Spain & Portugal for two weeks next month, considering the Tan Medium Duffle.
Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I used the medium duffle twice this year traveling all over Italy. I love my duffle, but honestly I really noticed having to shoulder everything the entire trip. I decided to pick up the large wheeled duffle as a result. I arrived back in Rome last night, and what a difference the wheels make. For my next trip I intend to try out the rucksack instead of my sportsman bag, but I love the many stash pouches and pockets on the sportsman so it will be a hard bag to replace.

I suppose it depends on how you pack, but the wheel has changed the course of my personal travel history with Filson...

Last edited:

mpd

Reaction score
I love my medium duffle. It's my go-to travel bag. And if it's not packed to the gills, it passes as a carry-on.

Shouldering should not be a problem if you're a man and can carry your own burden. Otherwise get/be a rollbag.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

I love my medium duffle. It's my go-to travel bag. And if it's not packed to the gills, it passes as a carry-on.
Shouldering should not be a problem if you're a man and can carry your own burden. Otherwise get/be a rollbag.

It really depends on the kind of traveling you are doing. If your shouldering is just from one conveyance to the next, car to hotel, taxi to plane, etc., then shouldering is no problem. If you are schlepping your bag for any distance, be an evolved man and leverage innovations like the wheel.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It really depends on the kind of traveling you are doing. If your shouldering is just from one conveyance to the next, car to hotel, taxi to plane, etc., then shouldering is no problem. If you are schlepping your bag for any distance, be an evolved man and leverage innovations like the wheel.

I completely agree.

I was on a trip that involved multiple airport terminals and multiple stops once. Shouldering my Filson duffle turned out to be a pain.

I now only use my Filson duffle for road trips or one-flight check-in, and my Briggs & Riley for stops and gos travel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads