• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fathers - what do you do to instil "physical culture" on your kids?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i'm glad we had the kids young. boundless energy is needed with 3 boys.
Did you initially plan (to the extent that you can plan this stuff) to have three kids? Seems like a lot to handle, especially when they're all young at the same time.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i didn't "plan" on any. i am just really lazy and irresponsible when it comes to taking out the dick. we almost **** ourselves when we found out she was pregnant the third time. only the middle guy was "planned"

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i didn't "plan" on any. i am just really lazy and irresponsible when it comes to taking out the dick. we almost **** ourselves when we found out she was pregnant the third time. only the middle guy was "planned"
laugh.gif
So you originally wanted to be DINKs? I yearn for DINK status.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
life just kind of happened. we planned on getting married, waiting til 30 or so to start a family. she put school/career on hold; i took better paying jobs at mediocre agencies as opposed to the inverse.

all in all, it worked out pretty well in terms of family life and career, so no complaints. my ball snot produced 3 wonderful boys.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Zach, my daughter and several of her friends really enjoy capoeira (although I'd imagine judo is good as well). It may have more to do with the master who runs their studio, who is often. But they're very into it, build balance, coordination and strength, learn some things about discipline, respect, and authority, and pick up a bit of Portuguese to boot.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ a very good suggestion for kids who might otherwise be easily bored.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
^ a very good suggestion for kids who might otherwise be easily bored.

Yes, I think the musical/rhythmic aspects of it (drumming, singing/chanting) add an energy that a lot of kids respond to, who otherwise might not be interested in martial arts. It's one of the reasons I enjoy going, especially for batizado (sp?), which is the testing/ceremony when the advance a level.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have kids yet, but years ago I took up kali/arnis hoping to learn enough to teach my offspring.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
For what it's worth, Zach, my daughter and several of her friends really enjoy capoeira (although I'd imagine judo is good as well). It may have more to do with the master who runs their studio, who is often. But they're very into it, build balance, coordination and strength, learn some things about discipline, respect, and authority, and pick up a bit of Portuguese to boot.

didn't think of that, music is always nice. I used to have a bunch of friends who practiced.

thanks for the idea, I am really hoping that judo will work, and not destroy my back

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess the team sports thing is the "usual" method. I did little league and, while I sucked, it was a good way to meet other kids and get some energy out of your system.

But nothing matches just running around the neighborhood with your friends. It got tougher as I grew up because video games started to become prevalent, particularly when N64 was released.

Constantly pushing them to be active outdoors and indoors is the best thing I can think of. I'm no father so take this with a grain of salt.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
laugh.gif

I yearn for DINK status.

From what I can tell, there are already a number of people around here that consider you to be a dink.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
I feel your pain, the bloody Pokemon obsession is enough to make a grown man cry.

seriously, sometimes I have to count to ten before I answer my son. he will start blabering about some ******* pokemon and I just want to yell "shut the **** up about those pokemons already! I don't care!" of course I dont, I smile and say "hey, I didn't know that"

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my 9 yo asks question after question about everything. the next answer leads to 10 more. my mom sas i did this, so i guess payback is a *****.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my 9 yo asks question after question about everything. the next answer leads to 10 more. my mom sas i did this, so i guess payback is a *****.

I don';t mind questions, its those ******* pokemons. he tells me about his pokemons, all about them, this one does this, this one does that. drives me crazy. and, yes, its a bonding experience, but it drives me crazy

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he's into bakugans now. google it and be prepared.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads