• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Mingming

Reaction score
I bought this Thom Browne Cashmere Knit from a pop brand buyer. The price on the official website is 1790 USD but he charged me only 600 USD. The tag on the clothes shows that it was made in Scotland but the tag is different from the one show on the official website. Also, there are lots of thread residues around the buckles and on the sleeves. I'm not sure whether it is fake or not. I would be really appreciated if anyone can help.

this is the picture on the official website:

Mingming

Reaction score
I bought this Thom Browne Cashmere Knit from a pop brand buyer. The price on the official website is 1790 USD but he charged me only 600 USD. The tag on the clothes shows that it was made in Scotland but the tag is different from the one show on the official website. Also, there are lots of thread residues around the buckles and on the sleeves. I'm not sure whether it is fake or not. I would be really appreciated if anyone can help.

and this is the picture from the official website

CallmeBob

Reaction score
So I recently got this shoe as my birthday present however I don't know if its fake or not. Here are some pictures of the loafer.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Moved your posts over here @CallmeBob and @Mingming

Last edited:

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the SLP are fake. That tag looks like **** for the font of SAINT LAURENT PARIS. The NT should be touching

chrisbenjii

Reaction score

Can someone please help me authenticate this shirt.. bought it from my cousin's friend but I am curious about the collar pattern and the vertical print being on the same side front and back.. not too familiar with these style shirts but he claims its real.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone please help me authenticate this shirt.. bought it from my cousin's friend but I am curious about the collar pattern and the vertical print being on the same side front and back.. not too familiar with these style shirts but he claims its real.
Do you have close up of the store tags and inside tags and the buttons? You're right I can't seem to find any of the Burberry Brit with the back that way. I also can't find any on Google with the the check on the sleeve flipped like that with the soft lines running side ways.

Also is it just the lighting or is that box suspect? That first R looks way different than the last two.

Here's one mainline Burberry with the back sort of like yours

https://ca.burberry.com/check-cotton-blend-shirt-with-military-detail-p40452271

chrisbenjii

Reaction score

Do you have close up of the store tags and inside tags and the buttons? You're right I can't seem to find any of the Burberry Brit with the back that way. I also can't find any on Google with the the check on the sleeve flipped like that with the soft lines running side ways. 

Also is it just the lighting or is that box suspect? That first R looks way different than the last two. 

Here's one mainline Burberry with the back sort of like yours

https://ca.burberry.com/check-cotton-blend-shirt-with-military-detail-p40452271 

The box is just the lighting however I got a full refund just to play it safe

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members