• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facepalm things people do at work

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To play off of the "
uhoh.gif
Disgusting workplace behaviors. " which deals with the physically disturbing, this thread is for things that deal with the mentally disturbing.

The Ops manager at work has an uncommon voice, but thats the way she was born, so who cares? My boss at work, who is also at the 'manager' level keeps on walking around the sales floor and makes fun of her voice every day. He makes fun of her voice to the sales people and to the stock people (who's boss is the ops manager). He constantly makes fun of her voice... which is tragically ironic that he of all people makes fun of her, since he was born with a deformed hand. His complete lack of shame and humanity is quite appalling.
uhoh.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
The Ops manager at work has an uncommon voice, but thats the way she was born, so who cares? My boss at work, who is also at the 'manager' level keeps on walking around the sales floor and makes fun of her voice every day. He makes fun of her voice to the sales people and to the stock people (who's boss is the ops manager). He constantly makes fun of her voice... which is tragically ironic that he of all people makes fun of her, since he was born with a deformed hand. His complete lack of shame and humanity is quite appalling.
uhoh.gif

That is precisely the reason he decides to point out other's aberrations. His own physical deformity causes him to search for others to place the emphasis on to take the focus off of him. Typical behavior of an insecure man.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
That is precisely the reason he decides to point out other's aberrations. His own physical deformity causes him to search for others to place the emphasis on to take the focus off of him. Typical behavior of an insecure man.

Well, he is definitely insecure... but you think that he would have compassion for other people with unfortunate circumstances, not make fun of them.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Well, he is definitely insecure... but you think that he would have compassion for other people with unfortunate circumstances, not make fun of them.
You'd hope so, unfortunately, some people just don't seem to act very reasonably. Have you confronted him on this? If not, I'd have a discussion with this guy and explain to him that it is not his position to be making fun of his boss, especially to fellow employees. That is just pure unprofessionalism.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You'd hope so, unfortunately, some people just don't seem to act very reasonably. Have you confronted him on this? If not, I'd have a discussion with this guy and explain to him that it is not his position to be making fun of his boss, especially to fellow employees. That is just pure unprofessionalism.
Well, he is on a crusade to fire me, so I am keeping a journal of all this in case the company denies me unemployment. I have personal occurrences in which he has harassed me and acted unprofessional towards me, but making fun of another manager is so utterly ridiculous. She isn't his boss, they are at the same level, not that it changes anything.

Staggerlee

Reaction score
If he's above you and trying to get you fired, I wouldn't confront him on it. It's not really your place to do it and no good would come of it. He's probably widely hated already.

Film him and put it on youtube; there's no way anything bad would happen
devil.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Sounds like hes a handfull.
Maybe you can give him a hand.
It seems like hes really hands on though.
Its handy having a boss that close to his workers.
Great quarter team! High Five!

ahh....these puns have me stumped.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
Sounds like hes a handfull.
Maybe you can give him a hand.
It seems like hes really hands on though.
Its handy having a boss that close to his workers.
Great quarter team! High Five!

ahh....these puns have me stumped.

laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads