• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F**king Mafoo.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I expected nothing less of him.

We should, however, withhold our support Foof's membership in the National Geographic Society.

Let's discuss at the next meeting. Some disturbing things have come up involving scandalous application of the fresh bagel.

- B

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF is with these other three people they picked? Vox's pith helmut man even looked better than some of this.

esquire2_043_xlarge.jpg

"Classic with a contemporary fail."

129_creekside_view_117_xlarge.jpg

"It is timeless and it I picked it all up at Macy's."

sfour_xlarge.jpg

"My style has a bit of a 60's vibe, but I'm limited to what I find on ebay; Don't worry, I'll move out of my mother's house someday."

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
WTF is with these other three people they picked? Vox's pith helmut man even looked better than some of this.
esquire2_043_xlarge.jpg
"Classic with a contemporary fail."
129_creekside_view_117_xlarge.jpg
"It is timeless and it I picked it all up at Macy's."
sfour_xlarge.jpg
"My style has a bit of a 60's vibe, but I'm limited to what I find on ebay; Don't worry, I'll move out of my mother's house someday."

Yeah, Mafoo and Dan T are the only real candidates. Personally, I feel that Mafoo is more stylish and more classic than Dan T; however, Dan T does seem to have way more variety to his shots. Foo should have added a couple more of DB suit pictures.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Am I? And if you meant Mafoo, is he?
devil.gif

Your point is lost on some, but not on me. I hope Mafoo wins, I really do. And Foo, if you get to actually appear on the Today show, grab Meredith Viera's ass for me, please!

davidmross

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Your point is lost on some, but not on me.

I hope Mafoo wins, I really do. And Foo, if you get to actually appear on the Today show, grab Meredith Viera's ass for me, please!

Not a bad idea but personally I'd lap dance Al Roker.

dopamine

Reaction score
The other three have absolutely terrible fit...especially the last guy with his dinner jackets and whatnot - his shirts especially are horrendous. The sad part is, in the magazine feature where it says "to achieve this look, buy..." for that guy, the magazine's recommended clothing was probably actually NICER than what he was really wearing.

And by the way - everyone's said it, but congratulations Foof! This makes me want to try for this someday when I actually have a wardrobe.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm . . . 2 white guys, 2 black guys, and an Asian. Talk about filling a quota.

BTW, how the hell can you judge someone's style based on black tie?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Hmm . . . 2 white guys, 2 black guys, and an Asian. Talk about filling a quota.

BTW, how the hell can you judge someone's style based on black tie?

I don't think Mafoo got picked because he is AZN.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Foo is the most elegant. Dan T is going to win, because he is going to appeal to that crowd better. That kid trying to pull of the Mad Men persona is 18...too young for that glass of Scotch he has in most of his posed shots. LOL. The dude with the sunglasses is a joke.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Foo dresses nice, but Dan T is in a league of his own. Dan T should win without a doubt.

Some of the other entries were not even close.

Hmm, I'm seriously considering entering next year.

How do you enter Foo?

myke

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are people hating on Dan? Because he... has a lot of clothes? Or... wears lot's of different brands? I don't really understand. I do understand that he just seemingly rips ideas, outfits, and themes from GQ spreads... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of whether or not he's "stylish" but either way I think he will win because 1.) He has a wide range. Dressed up, dressed down, and in-between. 2.) Because it's Esquire, and since he basically already dresses the "magazine photo-shoot look"... it's almost of a no brainer. Regardless of his "range" or "brand whore/loyalty" or "originality" or any other irrelevant issues, bottom line is I think he still looks the best out of all five candidates. Sorry Mafoo. EDIT: Actually looking over the list of brands, I like him better now. A brief glimpse showed nothing but designer names but looking over it again he mixes a lot of "designer brands" with a lot of nice SF-Affiliate brands, some vintage pieces, and bespoke. If anything I think that shows in favor of his ability to put together an outfit and mix and match different brands at different price points along with stuff like bespoke, and he actually looks good. The forum bias against him is ridiculous. And yes, people will rag on him because he "directly rips his style from magazine photoshoots". But I don't see how taking inspiration from a magazine is any different from taking inspiration from "random old Italian men on the street that the Sartorial takes a picture of". If anything, this kind of goes against the common argument against such magazine shoots that "no one looks like that in real life". So, bravo for him.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GentWithoutaCent