• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We throwing out requests? Well then, I just want something cute: Dobb/travel kits, cashmere socks, shirt stays.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is an idea for good revenue making:

Source a good place to make some button down oxfords.

If you get the cut, fabric, and pricing correct you will have another big hit.

Why OCBD? It is so prevalent because people can never get enough. The selling point for you is offering it at an unbeatable price, which based on your model so far, is staying within under $50?

At the moment, one shop has you beat (fortunately/unfortunately they screwed up forecasting the demand).

All this other stuff, backpacks et al is cool but just gimmicky. Stick to staples i.e. t-shirts and the business will not be a flop (hypothetical since it is hard to say the longevity of the current business this early in the game)

Last edited:

sleu

Reaction score
Got my backpack! Kinda glad the blue sold out and I snagged a grey one instead!

JDMFanatic

Reaction score

Why OCBD? It is so prevalent because people can never get enough. The selling point for you is offering it at an unbeatable price, which based on your model so far, is staying within under $50?
At the moment, one shop has you beat (fortunately/unfortunately they screwed up forecasting the demand).
All this other stuff, backpacks et al is cool but just gimmicky. Stick to staples i.e. t-shirts and the business will not be a flop (hypothetical since it is hard to say the longevity of the current business this early in the game)

seconded!!! quote for emphasis

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about some other bags? Maybe a duffle bag?

A very simple duffle in that waxed canvas would be an awesome gym bag.

We have a weekender bag in the works and a smaller version that is more suited to being a gym bag or an every-day carry. The weekender sample was off the hook and I am really excited for it.

Got the shirts - pretty nice. Really soft, could taper a bit more, but in comparison to all the others I have it's spot on. I don't think the V is that deep though, I wouldn't mind if it stayed the same of was made smaller either though.
Backpacks are great as well. Looking forward to the future releases.

Thanks man! The V-neck will not get any deeper any time soon, so you're golden.

Looking forward to the sweatshirts. Do you have any measurements on them by any chance?
Thanks

I don't have the measurements on hand, but we have a few samples in the office and I will post measurements next week.

how long till international orders?

International shipping is one of the things we are working on - right now we are having trouble keeping things in stock for the US only. Once we get a more steady flow of products made, we should be able to open up international shipping.

Breton tops please?? :inlove:

We throwing out requests? Well then, I just want something cute: Dobb/travel kits, cashmere socks, shirt stays.

I suggested these to our designer - I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the feedback. I love responding to posts like this because talking about how our internal process works is something that I really like doing and I think a lot of the guys on the forum are interested in knowing how this kind of company runs.

The price you suggested is probably in the right ballpark - we are doing multiple rounds of samples from a few different production facilities so we can get the right balance of quality, price and details to distinguish our shirts. We can churn out a decent oxford cloth button down tomorrow, but in this area, we are competing directly with J Crew and Steven Alan.

Our philosophy behind every product we make is to create something that can compete with stuff that is priced at 2-3x what we sell it for. Until we can meet this requirement, the product will stay in limbo.

We fully plan on keeping basic t-shirts, button downs, and other basics in constant stock. In our first few runs of product, we are still getting color, size, and style ratios settled down, but it should all reach an equilibrium as we get our production ramped up.

What one shop?

I think he may be talking about Frank and Oak, though I am not sure.

Got my backpack! Kinda glad the blue sold out and I snagged a grey one instead!

The blues went petty fast - glad you like the grey!

Problem with the order.

You got PM. Sorry about the sizing issue - it sounds like maybe one of the shirts got mislabeled. This was our bad, you won't be on the hook for shipping or anything else.

Last edited:

derrida26

Reaction score
The price you suggested is probably in the right ballpark - we are doing multiple rounds of samples from a few different production facilities so we can get the right balance of quality, price and details to distinguish our shirts. We can churn out a decent oxford cloth button down tomorrow, but in this area, we are competing directly with J Crew and Steven Alan.
Our philosophy behind every product we make is to create something that can compete with stuff that is priced at 2-3x what we sell it for. Until we can meet this requirement, the product will stay in limbo.

With your T-shirts, you advertised them as designer quality, not just decent. There are plenty of people who already make decent, but mediocre quality oxfords. But even on sale, it's pretty difficult to find "designer" quality OCBD for under 100$. So if the quality really is that amazing, I'm easily willing to pay upwards of 50 or 75$. Basically, I think you should focus on quality as much as possible, without worrying too much about cost. Nobody wants another J. crew.

xCrunchx

Reaction score
i and alot of other people would be very very happy if you could make a band of outsiders fit ocbd/button up shirt, like that type of slimness and shortness in a cheaper shirt.

Last edited:

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With your T-shirts, you advertised them as designer quality, not just decent. There are plenty of people who already make decent, but mediocre quality oxfords. But even on sale, it's pretty difficult to find "designer" quality OCBD for under 100$. So if the quality really is that amazing, I'm easily willing to pay upwards of 50 or 75$. Basically, I think you should focus on quality as much as possible, without worrying too much about cost. Nobody wants another J. crew.

You hit the nail on the head. Our button down prototype has already gone through numerous iterations - the final product will be something we are very proud of, and we will be sure it can compete with designer shirts that are 3x the price of it. The point I was making earlier is that for this product, more so than the other ones, competition at the target price point is quite fierce, so we are spending extra time and effort to get the design and fit right before we produce our first run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads