• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

REguy

Reaction score
Some awesome Carmina goodness lately. I'm curious, does anyone know if "ruby" is just Horween #2? They look like the same color to me.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Some awesome Carmina goodness lately. I'm curious, does anyone know if "ruby" is just Horween #2? They look like the same color to me.
Same comment was made on the Alden thread in the context of ruby shell and #4. Opinion was also that ruby is #2.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's number 2 exactly? Straight out red?

bespoken4me

Reaction score

From left to right – Dark Cognac, Natural, Color #2, Color #4, Color #8, Intense Blue, Dark Green, Black, and Natural Chromexcel
Yes, it is #2, and Sergio at Carmina sent me an email, suggesting I look at the updated "e boutique". Whether because of Mike's MTO program or other reasons, Carmina's forgotten little site was just updated with a Ruby shell perf cap on the Simpson last. I just purchased in 12 uk (a rare size) for just under $630 shipping incl. Waiting to hear from Betty regarding shipping as the duty disagreement often depends on Fed Ex vs. EMS . Worst case scenario is appr. $62 in duty, but personally have never been charged by either Carmina or Meermin. Regardless, a truly rare Horween color, reserved for guys like Rider and other MTO shell makers. The Carmina e site pricing cannot be matched, but in no way does that impugn Epaulet. They generally sell non shell at $525? And while their shell goes for $820+, it is generally a unique, Mike designed product, or group buy, inclusive of trees and without hassle. My order has no trees. STP and the $9 trees are perfect for me. I have a Paris Simpsonshell purchase #100800 that is about 60 eu more expensive , but as I have stated before, Miho is an incredibly helpful, patient saleswoman and Paris inventory is incredible- pay more, yes. RUBY SHEL!, get it now- won't see again for a while as stock Horween

bespoken4me

Reaction score

So in a little less than two months from conception to my feet, I give you:

Trousers are rust steep twill Walts. Not positive this is entirely the most advisable color combination, but I was very excited to try these on.
Queens last shape and fit are outstanding. Thanks Mike, Adele, and team. These are some really special shoes

These are the shoes, only not Queens. God, they are gorgeous, minus the trousers. The Ruby quarters were obviously dwindling in inventory as they moved to the tighter Simpson

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone have interest in carmina version of the EG dover?
i think its an extremely versatile shoe that would go with pretty much any epaulet pant.

Something like this?

These would be pretty awesome IMO in cognac or dark brown shell. Does Carmina do a dark brown shell? The ones above could very well be dark brown, though they might be burgundy.

Last edited:

sdolina

Reaction score
Something like this?

These would be pretty awesome IMO in cognac or dark brown shell. Does Carmina do a dark brown shell? The ones above could very well be dark brown, though they might be burgundy.

I'll be in for the group order for these in cognac or dark brown shell, with York sole

Although would rather have some sort of grained calf like Russian calf, Willow calf, Peccary leather, even country calf

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
papa, yea that looks good

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics