• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

JCPhoto

Reaction score

Onto the nu shooz!

Bradbury Perforated Captoe Boot Ruby Shell Cordovan: $895
Radiant Ruby shell in a dressy captoe boot.

Rand Single Monk Cognac Shell Cordovan: $825
This is an excluisve makeup for us - we spec'd this awesome single monk on the comfortable Rain last.

Steinbeck Shortwing Boot Burgundy Shell Cordovan: $895
Our tough wingtip boot in gorgeous burg shell.

These three are teh seks!

I think you missed saying what last the Bradbury is on though, at least I couldn't find it in the listing's description.

Last edited:

Pastor

Reaction score
Finally got to open my Ruby MTO this morning. Thanks Mike for these awesome shoes and especially for the A+ size recommendation for the Queens Last. Sizing up was the thing to do. They are a little loose in the heel but a whole size down would have made these unwearable.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These three are teh seks!
I think you missed saying what last the Bradbury is on though, at least I couldn't find it in the listing's description.

The Bradbury is on the Forest last (the same last used in the wingtip boots, long/shortwing and the Alt Wien). It's a great last and general fits most people very well. The ruby shell is also...
drool.gif

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this Forest Last the EE width or E width?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Snakey and Ruby.
Wifey reaction: "those are awesome" between fits of laughter.

Wifey reaction.
Wifey: Those are nice. What's so special about them.
Me: They're shell. *Ruby* shell.
Wifey: So you killed another horse.

Last edited:

diglett

Reaction score
Wifey reaction.
That last comment had me laughing out loud; give my regards to the wife! And lovely fit pics, too; I love the slightly pinkish hue of the ruby in your photo, and those pythons are simply juicy.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Snakey and Ruby.

Wifey reaction.

love it

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey guys!
I imagine that most of you have seen this already, but here's the full lineup of Carmina's that we received - all posted below.
For another bit of good news - we've got another massive shipment en-route from Spain as we speak. It flew last Friday, and I see a bunch of navy - both calfskin and shell cordovan - on the manifest. We're going to fight like hell to get it here before Christmas, but if we miss that date, then we'll definitely get it between Christmas and New Years.
Onto the nu shooz!

Bradbury Perforated Captoe Boot Ruby Shell Cordovan: $895
Radiant Ruby shell in a dressy captoe boot.

Rand Single Monk Cognac Shell Cordovan: $825
This is an excluisve makeup for us - we spec'd this awesome single monk on the comfortable Rain last.
Steinbeck Shortwing Boot Burgundy Shell Cordovan: $895
Our tough wingtip boot in gorgeous burg shell.

amazing. also love the brass speedhooks on the Steinbeck

Last edited:

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Snakey and Ruby.

Wifey reaction.

How does a man get to the point where he can confidently wear shoes like this? Don't get me wrong -- the shoes are incredible, and I admire anyone who can wear them without being self conscious. I just know I couldn't, but I'm curious to hear zippyh and others' thoughts.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does a man get to the point where he can confidently wear shoes like this? Don't get me wrong -- the shoes are incredible, and I admire anyone who can wear them without being self conscious. I just know I couldn't, but I'm curious to hear zippyh and others' thoughts.

I really don't understand why it's so difficult to 'pull' them off? It's not like you're wearing a leather skirt or anything. The most important thing a man can wear is confidence.

Zippy: I'm truly jealous of your Ruby Shell. I hope Mike does another run of Ruby Shell shoes...me want.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i would get so much **** for wearing those colored pythons at work. such is the life of a tax consultant :(

maybe if i took an offer with that start-up..

z, fit looks spot on those pythons

Last edited:

diglett

Reaction score
I don't have my ruby brogues (yet...they come tomorrow), but my first big step out of what's "normal" was probably my double monks from Epaulet. Wearing them was kind of weird the first time, because they were my only my second pair of nice leather shoes, and they were a bit "out there."

My friends gave me **** for them for a little while, but I felt nothing but love for the shoes after my first time wearing them, and my friends soon clammed up; some of them now even compliment the same monks at which they used to laugh. Now putting on monks (and I'm sure those ruby brogues, or the ruby bal boots in a few months) is fun, because being different is fun. Loads of people think that classically-inclined menswear has to be boring, and it's exciting to know that people look at you and think, "He looks good...but I have no idea what he's wearing."

And that, friends, is why I'm definitely hopping on a python re-run, if it ever comes about
biggrin.gif

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have my ruby brogues (yet...they come tomorrow), but my first big step out of what's "normal" was probably my double monks from Epaulet. Wearing them was kind of weird the first time, because they were my only my second pair of nice leather shoes, and they were a bit "out there."

My friends gave me **** for them for a little while, but I felt nothing but love for the shoes after my first time wearing them, and my friends soon clammed up; some of them now even compliment the same monks at which they used to laugh. Now putting on monks (and I'm sure those ruby brogues, or the ruby bal boots in a few months) is fun, because being different is fun. Loads of people think that classically-inclined menswear has to be boring, and it's exciting to know that people look at you and think, "He looks good...but I have no idea what he's wearing."

And that, friends, is why I'm definitely hopping on a python re-run, if it ever comes about :D

That's interesting, because while I was self conscious at first wearing brogues or tassel loafers (I used to, but now prefer pennies), I've never actually been criticized for wearing them. Then again, most people have seen those styles before, but I've only seen monks a few times in the wild.

I agree that it's natural to become more confident after wearing a new style for a while, and more confident to try other styles -- but where does one go after conquering python brogues? :)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

i would get so much **** for wearing those colored pythons at work. such is the life of a tax consultant :(

maybe if i took an offer with that start-up..

z, fit looks spot on those pythons

Same here only replace tax consultant with engineer.

Oddly enough, the footwear that has gotten the most comments here has been when I wore some Alden chukkas.
There was a big discussion on whether they're shoes or boots. One guy was insisting they were "hybrid shoes".
This is the guy who has been wearing boat shoes with white Thorlo socks every day for the past few years.

TBH, I have no idea when I'm going to wear the pythons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads