• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Artking3

Reaction score

It's looking like the Calf/Suede bal boots will have a flat welt. It's a dressier style with the mixed media leathers, so I think that's a nice, versatile choice for it.

I agree. After going through your descriptions and perusing the 2 different shoes, I do prefer the dressier option.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the balmoral boot: if 10.5uk is tight in the width and 11uk is comfortable, but a little longer than necessary, then ergo 10.5 wide? Forest last, I believe.

And, what last will these python shoes be on? I assume python gets tighter as you wear them... :)

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

.. a Navy shell Austerity Brogue with antique brown edgetrim. ]

I would be in for the austerity brogue in Navy.

I'm probably in the minority with your customer base, but I am not in need of shell for an austerity brogue.

I would be in on a calf version if available/recommended and if others were interested.

Thanks,

JP

ferguscan

Reaction score
Does the shell bal boot have a flat welt or storm welt?

And is delivery available to Australia? What's the up charge?

Thanks,

Stuart

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm probably in the minority with your customer base, but I am not in need of shell for an austerity brogue.
I would be in on a calf version if available/recommended and if others were interested.
Thanks,
JP

I'm not in NEED of a navy shell shoes either; in fact, probably not in need of another pair of any shoes.......

But if one is to go with a pair of navy shoes, might as well go all the way in the form of shell cordovan.

I can't wait for the pre-order on the navy shell austerity brogue.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be good for shell or calf in navy. may not be out of the realm of possibilities to offer both if enough people are interested. i always have regretted selling my EG Beaulieus in midnight blue. They were calf and seriously awesome. brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.

if i could pick, i'd do calf for the austerity and shell for a cap toe double monk like Epaulet's Salinger. that's just me, but any combo will be killllllller

old photo of my EGs
IMG_3223.jpg

Last edited:

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be good for shell or calf in navy. may not be out of the realm of possibilities to offer both if enough people are interested. i always have regretted selling my EG Beaulieus in midnight blue. They were calf and seriously awesome. brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.
if i could pick, i'd do calf for the austerity and shell for a cap toe double monk like Epaulet's Salinger. that's just me, but any combo will be killllllller
old photo of my EGs
IMG_3223.jpg

Were you aware that some forumites recently had a MTO captoe double monk done in dark brown shell cordovan by Alfred Sargent?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
old photo of my EGs
IMG_3223.jpg

Were you aware that some forumites recently had a MTO captoe double monk done in dark brown shell cordovan by Alfred Sargent?

Which MTO was this?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was too late when i saw it mentioned. plus i really don't know my AS sizing at all.

zippy - i think there is a AS MTO thread much like this one over on MC. the side of the forum is Greek to me so i'm of no use for leading you to it.

Last edited:

ferguscan

Reaction score

old photo of my EGs
IMG_3223.jpg

** IMO, a monkstrap would be the perfect vehicle for navy shell.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, there's the AFPOS AS Ramsey MTO in whiskey shell. I got in on that one. I was wondering if there was a dark brown shell order that I missed.
The other AS dub munk MTO is the Benson but that's not a captoe.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

old photo of my EGs
IMG_3223.jpg

My strong preference would be the navy shell in the austerity brogue as I recently got a pair of AS double monk captoes in midnight calf.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I forget - wide widths available in the austerity brogue?

Unfortunately no, the Austerity brogue is on the Rain last, so it can only be done in Mediums.

The Bal boot, Shortwing boot, and Plain toe blucher are all on the Forest last, and those can be done in wides.

For the balmoral boot: if 10.5uk is tight in the width and 11uk is comfortable, but a little longer than necessary, then ergo 10.5 wide? Forest last, I believe.
And, what last will these python shoes be on? I assume python gets tighter as you wear them... :)

Yup, I think that a 10.5 wide will be spot on.

Python shoes will probably be on the Rain last as well. I'd recommend doing an 11uk on those. They'll probably be a little long, but they should fit good in the width. And I'm all for cheesy python jokes!

Does the shell bal boot have a flat welt or storm welt?
And is delivery available to Australia? What's the up charge?
Thanks,
Stuart

Shell Bal boot has a storm welt and york sole. You can see pics and a description at the preorder item page:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1385/Special-Order-Chestnut-Shell/Detail

Shipping to Australia will be $30 for Priority and $40 for Express. Either is totally fine and very reliable. You might want to check with other members from AU, but I'm pretty sure that these boots will not be subject to any import tax as they're under $1000.

Thanks,
JP

Well, we're going to do an entire run of the Austerity brogue in Chocolate Calfskin for early September. Price on that is probably going to be $525. So we don't really need to do an MTO project on calf - but I can certainly take paid special orders if anyone needs a size smaller than 7UK or larger than 11UK. I have another two weeks to finalize that.

Navy shell is going to be RADIANT in this style. I have a pair of Navy shell Edward Greens, and I can't believe how much I love them. They start out as a dark midnight tone, and the true navy comes out with wear. It's a brilliant leather.

old photo of my EGs
IMG_3223.jpg

We can easily set up a Navy Shell Salinger double monk project too. The Salinger is already coming in July in Color #8 shell as a regular production run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads