• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This seems the sensible solution. My Carmina speed hooks are also sharper than my Alden speed hooks, but that's never stopped me from wearing them.

lack of laces has stopped me from wearing them

granjamo

Reaction score

Carmina for Epaulet Faulkner Shortwing in Natural Chromexcel
Size 10UK
Forest last

I absolutely love these shoes but rarely have an opportunity to wear them. Offering to SF members before eBay. PM me if interested. Worn a few times, well cared for.

kwanon

Reaction score

Size 10UK
Forest last
I wish these were in my size (7UK) or I would take them in a heartbeat. They were a bit beyond my budget when Epaulet was selling them and I've been kicking myself ever since for passing them up.

If anyone wants to do a group MTO in this style, count me in!

Baked Potato

Reaction score

Size 10UK
Forest last

I absolutely love these shoes but rarely have an opportunity to wear them. Offering to SF members before eBay. PM me if interested. Worn a few times, well cared for.

Is that a double York sole?

granjamo

Reaction score

Is that a double York sole?

From Epaulet's description:
The "Faulkner," like the "Fitzgerald," is a Budapester style wingtip... features a heavy-duty combination rubber and leather sole."

The sole doesn't feel as thick as some of my other shoes which do have double soles, but it is certainly thicker than a single sole.

Baked Potato

Reaction score

From Epaulet's description:
The "Faulkner," like the "Fitzgerald," is a Budapester style wingtip... features a heavy-duty combination rubber and leather sole."

The sole doesn't feel as thick as some of my other shoes which do have double soles, but it is certainly thicker than a single sole.

It might be a single sole. Carmina's York soles are pretty thick.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Epaulet & Carmina Group Buys

Hey everyone,

We've got four Carmina Group Buy styles up for preorders right now. We're planning to close them tomorrow (12/16) and submit the final orders to Carmina. When you order through our site, you submit your deposit with the order. We'll then collect the balance when they arrive. Woodlore shoe trees are included in the price. Here's a rundown of all of them:

Group Buy Cognac Shell Longwing: Deposit $355 / Full Price $710

Group Buy Hand-Burnished Scotch Grain Jumper Boot: Deposit $285 / Full Price $570

Group Buy Saddle Shell Chukka: Deposit $365 / Full Price: $730

Group Buy Navy Shell Alt Wien: Deposit $355 / Full Price $710
Mike,

I know Carmina has had a difficult time sourcing shell but do you have any updates on the saddle shell chukka?

booyaolian

Reaction score
I want to buy Woodlore's Epic shoe tree with my Carmina Rain Last sz 6
Shoudl I order Xtra small or Small?

Colr

Reaction score
The Armoury is definitely more familiar than I am with Carmina, but I'd take the width distinctions with a grain of salt. From what I've seen, their standard fits are all a variation of what we know as medium fitting.

For our first round of makeups, we used the Inca, Rain, and Forest last. I wouldn't say that the Inca is like an "wide" fit to the Forest's "medium" fit. And all of them are slimmer than either the Alden Barrie or Tru-Balance last in their normal "D" medium sizing. They're slimmer than the Wolverine 1000 Mile last too - which is an excellent fitting boot and worked for most of our customers.

We've sold quite a few Rain-lasted Chelsea boots, and I haven't had anyone comment that the boot felt roomy or wide. Quite the opposite - it's a very elegant and slim, but not tight or narrow, last. It's a great fit on me, and I end up sliding around a bit in the Barrie, even with sizing down a half.

I believe that using either the Rain or the Simpson will result in a fit with a shade or two of difference. Kind of like the Alden Aberdeen vs. the Alden Leydon last. I'd be inclined to look at their "E" vs "EE" comparisons as more of a relation on which lasts are slimmer, rather than a direct correspondence to a traditional medium or wide fit.

But to date I've only corresponded with Carmina via emails and phone calls. I'll meet with them in person next Wednesday, and I plan on really hashing out the sizing then.

How does the Soller fit into the width spectrum?

minthe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm curious to see if there are women (or their special friends) in here who would be interested in starting a group MTO for Carmina shell cordovan shoes/boots.

Very curious.

Minthe

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all,

I'm curious to see if there are women (or their special friends) in here who would be interested in starting a group MTO for Carmina shell cordovan shoes/boots.

Very curious.

Minthe

Hello,
I may be wrong but I think Epaulet will no longer be offering Carmina.
You might try asking in the affiliate threads of Skoaktiebolaget or Gentlemensfootwear.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/...nafe-saint-crispins-official-affiliate-thread

http://www.styleforum.net/t/350127/...s-cappelli-finamore-official-affiliate-thread

minthe

Reaction score
Salad, thank you very much for pointing me to those threads. I must admit I just searched for any MTO Carmina thread, this would have been the wrong one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads