• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
cheers , they do look good ..

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any historical knowledge in this thread of when we might expect a first markdown at Nepenthes?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ EG usually releases Reverse Olive Sateen fatigues every season. I prefer the thicker fabric on the FW versions.

Only a few months until FW13 should be releasing. I've seen the collection in person; it reminded me a lot of WWM FW09.

FW13 more of a hunting inspiration?

Knight

Reaction score
really like the fit on those! So wish I could get a pair of reversed sateen in that fit. Still trying to warm up to the bagginess of my Workadays.

I'm really keen to own a pair of Workaday Fatigues in the Olive or Navy, olive seems to be the fan favourite! And every pic ive seen of them looks fantastic. I have a tall and slim build and was wondering will they work on me? Advice anyone? Thank you in advance! :)

JilSlander

Reaction score
FW13 more of a hunting inspiration?
Check out the FW13 topic: http://www.styleforum.net/t/302547/engineered-garments-fw13

Definitely some interesting fabrics and designs. I wouldn't say hunting inspiration.

I'm really keen to own a pair of Workaday Fatigues in the Olive or Navy, olive seems to be the fan favourite! And every pic ive seen of them looks fantastic. I have a tall and slim build and was wondering will they work on me? Advice anyone? Thank you in advance! :)
Can you try on the Fatigues anywhere? I think they work well because of the almost Yohji-esque fit. I'm particularly biased here, though.

Knight

Reaction score
Check out the FW13 topic: http://www.styleforum.net/t/302547/engineered-garments-fw13

Definitely some interesting fabrics and designs. I wouldn't say hunting inspiration.

Can you try on the Fatigues anywhere? I think they work well because of the almost Yohji-esque fit. I'm particularly biased here, though.

Sadly no, however the closest thing i have that's olive and real loose are Desert Pants from the Fw11 collection. However i dont know how similar/dissimilar they are to Fatigues Workaday in terms of fit/cut/shape...

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, I don't know the fit on the FW11 desert pants. I've had desert pants that fit very similar to the workdays and some that fit much more slim...unfortunately both were picked up on sale so not 100% sure of the season for each one. My blue twill pair, maybe from FW11, were the ones that fit similar to the workdays. My ripstop ones fit much slimmer, but they ca,e from Yoox so no idea on season.

Workadays are big, but great in their own way. Fabric is amazing and I love the fatigue pant design.

ryannn

Reaction score
Hey, by any chance do you guys know if these shorts are Engineered Garments (I think from the FWK line)? If they are, anyone have headsup on any stockists carrying them?

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made a trip to London and managed to try a baker, bedford, Andover and Truman in various stores. Ended up getting a navy Truman:)

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey, by any chance do you guys know if these shorts are Engineered Garments (I think from the FWK line)? If they are, anyone have headsup on any stockists carrying them?

Those shorts are sonic lab not EG. Could try contacting nepenthes?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find the iridescent twill Andover in the tan-ish colorway in XS?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
email nepenthes, theyll have a list of stockists that have that size. from the limited searching i did it's only in xs in japland.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads