• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 11

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

can anyone speak highly of the brushed grey twill workshirt from fw11? contemplating picking it up, as it seems ss12 is fitting slimmer and slimmer.

Feels like Cashmere.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a medium in most brands. Would the large bedfords/other jackets fit, or would you suggest going with a medium?

S-NMBR

Reaction score
I wear usually L in jackets, but my two Bedford (Charcoal and corduroy) are XL, even if the sleeve appear to be a bit longer and larger.
Also Landsdown in woll herringonbe, I must buy in XL.

It's strange that the Cruiser jacket (that is a overcoat!) in wool melton, is L size and it fit me well, as the shirts (19th century, work, miner and tab collar: so different styles).
I have also the Coleman jacket and is L size, It fit me well, just little bit thight in the PIT (the sleeve attach is very small)

I have also the Upland vest and I bought XL cause L i was unable to close it!

I assume that suit-jackets are better to buy a size up.

As usual, to wear EG is like to win the lottery: you have to be lucky to find your right fit!!!

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ladyfriend scooped up the remaining pair of velvet black floral embroidered fatigue pants for my birthday. They're over-the-top in the best way, waistband and pockets lined in floral shirting. Don't think it was stocked anywhere outside of nepenthes nyc and Japan. She got herself the glenplaid cruiser from the FWK line. Life is better wearing EG.

pics via some jp blog.

Last edited:

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen any chesterfields around? How's the sizing? Read, maybe in this thread about how they fit like a potato sack.

racknac

Reaction score

Anyone seen any chesterfields around? How's the sizing? Read, maybe in this thread about how they fit like a potato sack.

I have the Chesterfield in size Medium. Definitely a much looser fit than other models... perhaps thats how its suppossed to fit? I didn't like it at first, but you really have to wear it like an overcoat... something where you have several layers underneath. It is REALLY warm though... probably the warmest jacket I have.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah they're different. the dickie is wool the bib thing ts18 is wearing is the same fabric as the field parkas i think. not sure what it was called. would look dope layered over a blazer, kind of like how daiki wore it but over rather than under.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OOh, got you, is it ripstop fabric? over a blazer sounds kinda tough, I'm having a hard time imagining squeezing a blazer under it but sounds good to me.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is how daiki styled it:
5687414714_35cc5eda32_b.jpg

but i think it'd look better the other way, good for misty/snowy days where you want a hood i guess.

i've never handled it, but i think it's the ripstop/garbadine fabric.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mikey, worry not my friend, the shoulder hoody will come back this season in Blue, Navy, and Camo.
egss12_15.jpg

egss12_31.jpg

egss12_22.jpg

I will not sleep on it this time.

ps. they are made of poly/poplin.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads