• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dogmoney

Reaction score
sucks about the shipping- did you try writing them? curious also how the Cords fit, been eying them for awhile...
nah i hadnt tried emailing them.. didnt know if it was worth it seeing as it was never advertised anywhere that it was free shipping or anything..

I've got a couple of other pairs of the workaday cords - olive and tan, and they apparently fit the same as the inventory collab - one size small on the waist, and straight in the leg

catchh

Reaction score
I have got 2 printed patterned EG shirts and as much as I love them I hardly wear them. I won't be buying any of the printed SS14 items this year but as always underneath all those printed patterns there will be some classic solid EG items i'm sure.

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Louder the better? Loudness pretending to be hip? I'm willing to entertain an individual print piece per style mixed in with some solids, moderation requires severe editing for this designer. Print diarrhea ain't cute.

Your remarks are poignant. Diarrhea mouth ain't cute either. I don't stand to defend but one must comprehend the inspiration of a fashion statement, be it print, motion or static, it is about shock and awe. This is wholesale / retail marketing 101. Our current landscape could use a refresh and this will be the designers current contribution. Like it or leave.

Isachenko

Reaction score
Your remarks are poignant. Diarrhea mouth ain't cute either. I don't stand to defend but one must comprehend the inspiration of a fashion statement, be it print, motion or static, it is about shock and awe. This is wholesale / retail marketing 101. Our current landscape could use a refresh and this will be the designers current contribution. Like it or leave.

Shock and awe? Good marketing strategy for lost unguided teenagers and adults who still want to be (dress) like them. Not that we didn't know fashion industry's often driven by such immature behavior and *cough* design.

This EG collection has some potential, which is why I'm critiquing at all. But they need to tone it down by order of magnitude if they're really interested in designing for mature adults.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is what they market, and what actually sells. EG will always have strong basic pieces, but they need to drive interest by pushing forward different ideas each season. They are a fashion brand by the way.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"That said, I want people to have fun when they’re wearing Engineered Garments. I want them to take part in this world I’ve created. I think with most fashion brands, you pay a lot of money and then you have this ready-made outfit and it’ll definitely look good because it’s expensive and well made. But with Engineered Garments, I don’t want the clothes to look perfect immediately. I think people should have to put some work into it. I think it should only look really good if the clothes match your taste, and you bring something of yourself to it. I think of Engineered Garments as clothing for people who are really into clothing."

thonez

Reaction score

Shock and awe? Good marketing strategy for lost unguided teenagers and adults who still want to be (dress) like them. Not that we didn't know fashion industry's often driven by such immature behavior and *cough* design.

This EG collection has some potential, which is why I'm critiquing at all. But they need to tone it down by order of magnitude if they're really interested in designing for mature adults.

MC is that way, square -->

Isachenko

Reaction score
There is what they market, and what actually sells. EG will always have strong basic pieces, but they need to drive interest by pushing forward different ideas each season. They are a fashion brand by the way.

This is like saying a chef needs to promote his menu so he's gonna put most of the ingredients of his entire menu, half his kitchen, into just a few dishes. Like putting bluefish crudo on top a salt-encrusted whole branzino with fried baby octopus on top. Of course if a famous chef actually were to do this, for sure there'd be somebody out there that would say it's culinary art.

lawlercon

Reaction score

This is like saying a chef needs to promote his menu so he's gonna put most of the ingredients of his entire menu, half his kitchen, into just a few dishes. Like putting bluefish crudo on top a salt-encrusted whole branzino with fried baby octopus on top. Of course if a famous chef actually were to do this, for sure there'd be somebody out there that would say it's culinary art.

Cool story tell it again.

lawlercon

Reaction score

Alright, those EG looks is like putting half a bottle of agave-sweetened ketchup on one grass-fed hamburger. 

Hey I'm vegan, tell it again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads