• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

xander_horst

Reaction score
^ yep, seems odd. They have some good stuff though. It's been a while since I bought something from them - perhaps I'm mentally hallucinating a bit.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, not hallucinating.
Their website is basically for display... I've bought eg there every fw since they opened (2010 iirc), and to actually buy something you have to call and/or email.

36miles

Reaction score
And send a pic of your drivers licencse and credit card...nice peoples though.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed them, didn't get a response and seen what I wanted sell out anyways. Should've just called nepenthes from the start.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
email usually takes them a day to reply, sometimes more, call is always the best bet.
may seem like a hassle but j+o is a great store and one of the few places that drops eg below 50%, they have consistently decent if not good buys, and they carry xs (also fwk which my wife is getting into), so its always a place I keep a look out come sales time ('cuz their retail prices are usually higher)

Besides for buyers in the us its a good deal since theres no tax, shipping is flat 25 unless package is huge (I've had 2 jackets or jacket+pant shipped for 25) and no customs fees as they ship via canadapost/usps and just ask them to put "made in usa" on customs form (which they've always done for me), on the other hand international buyers get the shaft (75-100 shipping + customs hit, Ouuchh!)

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having promised myself a current season Andover, I then went and got a 24oz melton Bedford instead. Tried them both on at the Garbstore, liked the bedford and needed a heavier jacket. Got 20% off too. As a skinny / lanky-ish dude I always assumed the longer and less boxy Andover would be the most suitable style for me, but I'm now definitely a Bedford fan
biggrin.gif
. The melton version fits true to size I'd say.

The light grey/floral Brookline is nice, gave that a go. Was also super impressed by some of the Post Overalls pieces they had (there was more in-store than they currently have online). First time I'd seen/handled the stuff in person.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the LDT relative to the Bedford?

Lollie

Reaction score
Guess I was asking because on 2 different websites, the model (around 6' and 165lbs each) is wearing a size Small in those shirts. The Bureau says to size down on this years shirts.

dogmoney

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the LDT relative to the Bedford?

I picked up the LDT in large this year (my usual EG size for a 42" chest) and it fits perfectly. I grabbed the grey herringbone knit bedford in AW12 and had to size up to the XL. Generally speaking however my understanding is that most people say that the bedford is TTS too.. not sure what they are like this season though? anyone got any ideas? I'm particularly interested in the navy uniform wool version...

Also, anyone know where I can get this pocket square and or matching tie, other than the bureau? I saw that context has the tie, but no pocket square.

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/1033/navy-polka-dotfloral-pocket-square

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Guess I was asking because on 2 different websites, the model (around 6' and 165lbs each) is wearing a size Small in those shirts. The Bureau says to size down on this years shirts. 

The only way a small would fit on someone that size is if it was painted on. This line of clothing is not Gitman Vintage or any of those uber slim fits. EG is a relaxed fit, not a Pee Wee Herman fit.

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score

Guess I was asking because on 2 different websites, the model (around 6' and 165lbs each) is wearing a size Small in those shirts. The Bureau says to size down on this years shirts. 

I would probably agree with the Bureau. The sizing of EG shirts usually vary from season to season. I'm between S and M in EG shirting as it depends on the varying measurements. I prefer a 21" chest and that can be both S and M from year to year. This season it was S for me in most of the shirts, and M in the tab collar shirt. Best thing is to just look at the measurements really.

Last edited:

dogmoney

Reaction score
The only way a small would fit on someone that size is if it was painted on. This line of clothing is not Gitman Vintage or any of those uber slim fits. EG is a relaxed fit, not a Pee Wee Herman fit.

Lol. bump!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads