1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

M will work for you.

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

I'm around 22.5" circumference which supposedly translates to 7 3/8 or something and I find I'm borderline M-L in eg hats, I've only had bucket, driver, schoolboy and conductor hats but depending on the material I get M and stretch it out or get L and throw it in the dryer

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I see

Because the tagged size is M/L as listed by the store, so, I'm afraid the bucket hat will be too big and fall off or cover my face (not a bad thing :eek:)

I ask about tagged size because I am curious whether EG labels their hats as S, M, L or S/M and M/L or is the store listing it wrong...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  4. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Anyone that has an Andover from AW13 in L, can you tell me what the chest and shoulder measurements are? Would be much appreciated.

Or does anyone have experience with this season's Andover sizing in general, is it TTS? Or does it run slim?

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

If you mean this season as in SS13, past Andover I tried on was a little big in size medium (my typical size). I may opt for a small this time around as it is a jacket for spring-summer and I wouldn't want to wear anything more than a shirt underneath. Medium is for layering

6. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

the ones I'd had are tagged either M or L, not sure if I've seen combo size tag before, might just mean they have both M & L?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. Shingles

Shingles Well-Known Member

I think I forgot to reply you on this.
    I got hold of them eventually, through Twitter then email, and they were sold out. If only they'd been a little quicker in replying! :(. Yeah i'm outside the US btw, and thank you very much for offering to proxy, very kind of you! If i'm lucky it might turn up on the bay eventually, else i'm saving the cash for f/w 14.

1 person likes this.
  8. waldo1982

waldo1982 Active Member

dont suppose anyone has the navy coverall in a large they want to sell or know where one is?

i have the xl but its got too big for me

cheers

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  9. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

IDK, but I might be interested in your XL at the right price ;)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  10. AntonioPirata

AntonioPirata Well-Known Member

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

What's EG shirt sizing like, looking at the Layfayette shirt? I'm 5'7 175lbs but I'll get up to 195lbs. Usually a Large / big medium in gitman.

12. AntonioPirata

AntonioPirata Well-Known Member

I'm 5'7 150lbs and a solid Medium. EG runs billowy in the back compared to Gitman so you may need tailoring.

13. HelloFello

HelloFello Well-Known Member

For your build and you can take a Gitman shirt in medium, you must like your shirts really fitted. A medium from EG should be must more comfortable for you.

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I actually like them kind of loose. I'm mostly a large in Gitman but sometimes they will make a certain fabric super baggy.

15. ahines11

ahines11 Member

Independence has a lot of Bedfords and Bakers at 10% off. Grabbed a green ripstop Bedford there yesterday!