• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EFV goes to Pitti (picture thread)

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah - I'm with you. I guess you missed the "subtlety" of my comment, which is: Don't go trolling a thread about Pitti and recoil in horror at pictures of dudes peacocking.

The argument FOR Pitti is the half-dozen gems that get unearthed along the way.

I would never have learned about Pino Lerario had it not been for Pitti (among other designers).

This was the first video I ever saw from the event. After that - I was hooked:

My comment was actually directed at Spectre, because I do welcome a discussion. I mean, yeah, there are some outlandish outfits worn at Pitti (my windowpane 3 pc might be one of those), but there is also some truly brilliant stuff that is a bit les peacock-y. Just look at the Shibumi guys, the B & Tailor crew et c.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, can someone explain to me why this stuff is worth looking at, let alone wearing?

I understand a lot of trouble has been taken to present the pics but what is the attraction?

Would anyone really wear any of this irl?

To me it is the polar opposite of elegance and the only lure it has is that of a car crash...awful but compelling in its awfulness.

I really would like to know why these circus freaks attract so much admiration.

Well you're howling at the moon right there Spectre. Mind you, it wouldn't be a Pitti thread without someone sayin so.

As someone with a long history of questionable wardrobe choices I feel validated by Pitti poseur-pics.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
?? Those aren't for sale per se. They aren't trying to make physical sales there of those sweaters, but trying to get orders for the future//for store stockists.

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
?? Those aren't for sale per se. They aren't trying to make physical sales there of those sweaters, but trying to get orders for the future//for store stockists.

Understood. But I still shudder when I see sweaters being hung instead of folded.

But back on topic. Thanks for your efforts EFV on this thread. And your other half is still a knock out. Well done on all counts.

Last edited:

lukejackson

Reaction score
Thanks EFV. Great thread, and I like you took a heap of pictures of girls, always llike to see/curious what they wear at what is essentially a men's event. Also interesting to see the non-CM guys get ups.

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At women's couture shows the wild outfits are on the runway. They are designed to garner attention and are not necessarily expected to be purchased and worn. . It think the convention floor at Pitti operates in a similar vein.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people want boardroom uniforms at Pitti.

Forgot to thank @EFV for the nice pics.

I'm sure some people at Pitti wear them, except they don't get photographed and probably aren't interested in being shown on blogs either. Besides, the only people actually looking at Pitti pics are menswear enthusiasts/people working in fashion, and they generally appreciate the more outlandish styles. Even if you wouldn't wear it yourself (I wouldn't wear 90% of the stuff being shown), it's always fun to see what they come up with this time!

However, I can appreciate the fact that if you're a menswear enthusiast that's interested mainly in conservative business dress that it's a bit of a disappointment that no one at Pitti seems to be wearing it for the pictures. conservative business dress has quite a narrow definition, but it still leaves a bit of room for individuality, so I'd be interested to see how the Pitti people would wear it while still remaining business appropriate.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seriously, can someone explain to me why this stuff is worth looking at, let alone wearing?

I understand a lot of trouble has been taken to present the pics but what is the attraction?

[COLOR=FF00AA]Would anyone really wear any of this irl?[/COLOR]

To me it is the polar opposite of elegance and the only lure it has is that of a car crash...awful but compelling in its awfulness.

I really would like to know why these circus freaks attract so much admiration.

Yes.
MANY people do.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads