• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks I am running a count. Is there anybody else interested in EG Alderley boot on 202 last in either Rosewood or Mahogany country calf?

Sorry, only interested in a plain leather version, preferably in Edwardian. Do you know the price yet? I posted the question for Leaves a couple of days ago, but he hasn't answered yet...

Good luck with the project!
SKM

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

For reference, my Weymouth's on 888:

Gus, is that an old MTO or a top drawer? I have Weymouth listed from EG as on the 82 last and they really don't let people change lasts anymore, even for single MTO's, only top drawer.

How about boots such as Alderlays, what are you prices of those? Also, I've read that EG has split up their MTO programme so that the "basic" part is as describes above (i.e. a standard design on a chosen last in chosen leather with chosen soles) whereas the other programme offers changes of patterns etc. Can you confirm this, and in that case how much can be changed (will they fx do a full shearling lining?) and how much is the up charge?

Thanks in advance!

SKM

Alderley is 6880 SEK ex VAT for clients outside the EU (about $1050), 8600 SEK inc. VAT for EU clients. The "advanced" program is called top drawer. You have more freedom in this program than their regular MTO program which is now-a-days pretty limited. They might do a top drawer Alderley with shearling but only for single orders and the price would be about 25% more than a regular Alderley MTO.

Understood. I don't think widths have to be the same. The rest I understand. If, for some reason, the widths must be the same then I doubt we will make it work.

Have to double check this. I really think so to be honest, I'm meeting EG on Wednesday, I can double check then.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alderley is 6880 SEK ex VAT for clients outside the EU (about $1050), 8600 SEK inc. VAT for EU clients. The "advanced" program is called top drawer. You have more freedom in this program than their regular MTO program which is now-a-days pretty limited. They might do a top drawer Alderley with shearling but only for single orders and the price would be about 25% more than a regular Alderley MTO.

Thanks a lot for your reply. However, according to what i read here, the "upper" level of the programme is different from their top drawer, but I guess you guys know the best. What I was thinking of – as posted in your affiliate thread as well – was a battle ship version of the Galway in zug grain/suede, veldtschoen and fully shearling lined (as opposed to the standard lining of the Galway where only the shaft is lined).

The Alderley is another project, though, where I'm thinking about opting for a standard version in Edwardian
drool.gif

Cheers,
SKM

Renton

Reaction score

Folks I am running a count. Is there anybody else interested in EG Alderley boot on 202 last in either Rosewood or Mahogany country calf?

If there's the restriction on widths for group mtos, I'm afraid that would count me out. I need a G width in the 202.

CTBrummie

Reaction score

Thanks a lot for your reply. However, according to what i read here, the "upper" level of the programme is different from their top drawer, but I guess you guys know the best. What I was thinking of – as posted in your affiliate thread as well – was a battle ship version of the Galway in zug grain/suede, veldtschoen and fully shearling lined (as opposed to the standard lining of the Galway where only the shaft is lined).

The Alderley is another project, though, where I'm thinking about opting for a standard version in Edwardian :drool:

Cheers,
SKM

I'm so jealous of that Galway makeup already...

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If there's the restriction on widths for group mtos, I'm afraid that would count me out. I need a G width in the 202.

I suspect the GMTO will fall apart if we all have to order the same width.

Addressing some of the issues discussed above in the thread, standard individual MTO's these days are limited to certain lasts for certain models. I have had this exact discussion with EG direct in recent weeks.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I suspect the GMTO will fall apart if we all have to order the same width.

Addressing some of the issues discussed above in the thread, standard individual MTO's these days are limited to certain lasts for certain models. I have had this exact discussion with EG direct in recent weeks.

I am going to send the message to leaves and sort this out. To my knowledge Alderley is only available on 202 last.

CTBrummie

Reaction score

I've only just started making enquiries, so there's plenty of time for you to consider joining. However, I'm still exited to fin out how many of my wishes can be accommodated...

I'm very much having to tighten my belt this year because of a recent change of circumstances so unless I win the lottery...I don't actually need anything new, clothes-wise, for a good year or two anyway!

Do please keep me updated on what you're doing as I may follow in your footsteps at some point in the future...

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gus, is that an old MTO or a top drawer? I have Weymouth listed from EG as on the 82 last and they really don't let people change lasts anymore, even for single MTO's, only top drawer.
Have to double check this. I really think so to be honest, I'm meeting EG on Wednesday, I can double check then.

Thanks. Please do. Generally on GMTO's size and fit are the only things you can change. This still allows the company to achieve the necessary economies of scale. Anyway, I could be wrong and I am happy to stand corrected.

I think we should pause until Leaves (Patrik) gets back from his meeting with EG. I have the order form from EG and the Weymouth is listed as a derby. I think this goes to the descrepancy mentioned earlier. Right now I believe we are discussing the original Weymouth which is an oxford and not a derby.

Group, here are the specs as I see them:

Model: Weymouth I - Oxford (Right now it appears this will be approx. $900 and will be finalized before order.)
Color: Edwardian Antique
Edge trim: Natural
Sole: H/AF (EG double sole which is 200 SEK ex vat upcharge or approx. $31.00)
Last is either 888 or 82 depending upon group vote and availability
Shoe trees (760 SEK ex vat or approx $117.00

Please send me a PM if you are interested please specify size and last.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads