• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Driving with a suit

johnnyblazini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Yes I regard it part and parcel of overall fit - and arguably one of the most important elements of fit as well.

So you are equating proper armhole height with a proper overall fit? (or a key element)

Interesting idea. I guess you do have a point. But this implies that one cannot buy a well fitted RTW suit retailing under 4K$... Youre also insulting my Canali wardrobe...
plain.gif

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyblazini
So you are equating proper armhole height with a proper overall fit? (or a key element)

Interesting idea. I guess you do have a point. But this implies that one cannot buy a well fitted RTW suit retailing under 4K$... Youre also insulting my Canali wardrobe...
plain.gif

Maybe Sator suggests that a well fitted RTW suit is an oxymoron...

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyblazini

plain.gif

The arm scyre measurement is one of the classical measurements that a bespoke tailor will note down.

Fortunately, I can get a bespoke lounge suit for less than the full retail price of a RTW Canali
smile.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toonces's not even wearing a hat. I don't think you can trust his/her/its sartorial judgment.

--Andre

Memphis

Reaction score
I take mine off seeing as how I wrinkle everything I wear when squeezing into a racing shell in my car. When I get out my back is always wrinkled and sweaty.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Memphis
I take mine off seeing as how I wrinkle everything I wear when squeezing into a racing shell in my car. When I get out my back is always wrinkled and sweaty.

That just means you need to get a dedicated daily driver and save the other car for track-only use and club races.
smile.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ONLY time I will remove my jacket in the normal course of the day is if it is very hot and I am worried about sweat-staining the garment or if the heat is causing me profound discomfort. In this day and age of air conditioning, such occasions are extremely rare for me. I'm with Will and Sator, two of our most knowledgeable sartorialists about this. Once I put the jacket on in morning, it stays on throughout the day, wrinkles be damned!

As to today's cars being too low-roofed for wearing a fedora, that's another good reason for owning an SUV. No problems for me in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I am a very tall man with proportionately quite short legs (6'3" with a 32" inseam).

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I never take my jacket off when I drive. I think hanging it in the backseat is a little to prissy for me, but I do try to remember to put my tie over the seatbelt.

I tend to take my jacket off if I am eating at my desk as I am usually doing more than I should be and spilling kind of sucks if you are not having a good time when you do it.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
When I had to drive in California, and my car had been parked in the sun, and the greenhouse effect raised the temperature in the car to about 170, you better believe I took my jacket off.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
When I had to drive in California, and my car had been parked in the sun, and the greenhouse effect raised the temperature in the car to about 170, you better believe I took my jacket off.
I find that a jacket keeps your back from blistering on the hot seat in those circumstances. I remember as a kid hating to get into the vinyl seated family stationwagon with my short OP shorts on for the fear that my legs would stick to the bottom.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I find that a jacket keeps your back from blistering on the hot seat in those circumstances.
The shirt did fine, as I recall.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Notice how the dropped shoulders here keep the collar tightly in place:
toonces.jpg

Now this is an excellent lesson in how a coat should fit and move with your body. I like the way your tailor has got your coat to fit like a second skin. I also approve of the complete absence of drape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads