• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this suit fit well?

luxetveritas

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the more refined aspects of wearing a suit and am looking for comments on how this suit fits me. I put a few pictures below. It feels a tad tight sometimes when I'm wearing it and moving around, but it is a slim fit suit so maybe this is the current style? Thanks!

*Edit: sorry I don't know how to make the images appear in the thread.

*Edit2: added links to pictures.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/dsc00326qh.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/dsc00327m.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/dsc00332dj.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/dsc00336p.jpg/

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Use imgur.com

I will wait and let someone else click on those links...

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am certainly not opening those links. One post does not give me any confidence about them.

luxetveritas

Reaction score
I'm not sure what all the skepticism is about, but I added links to the images so no downloading is required. Thanks!

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am afraid it's hard to tell from the pics - take a look at the pics WAYWRN and perhaps post some more pics. Shirt certainly does not fit well though; collar is too wide.

calcoast

Reaction score
Have someone take a picture of you at chest height from about 10 feet away and in natural light. That will give the folks here a better angle to judge your fit by.

I'm not a fan of the tie, I wore something very similar to my high school prom back in 2004. Like other have said check out the WAYWRN thread and learn.

And welcome to the forum, the people here are brutally honest but VERY helpful...

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guest is the waist could be nipped a little bit. everything seems fine.

Please do not wear a black suit unless for funeral. A bad choice for everyday suit but said a staple for the collection.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't fit. I'd say it's a size too large.

I also agree, the shirt collar fits terribly.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not easy to tell from four views essentially the same which only show the coat.

Don't worry about black suits, they can be worn whenever the advice on funerals is wrong. However avoid the subject here because it excites great and unresolved debate.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A suit should feel snug (but not tight) for ease of movement. If it's too big you will ironically feel like you can't move because it will be pulling at all the wrong places.

That jacket does indeed look big on you, at least a full size...

jamesny

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I did open the links , so far everything's fine except for the waist area that probably needs tapering.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A suit should feel snug (but not tight) for ease of movement. If it's too big you will ironically feel like you can't move because it will be pulling at all the wrong places.

I disagree. If a suit truly fits well, the wearer should barely feel it at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads