• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag?

mikey34

Reaction score
thanks kc5 for the link. I actually already own of the bags from the first shipment, i'm just on the lookout for one for my friend. he likes it but can't justify paying full retail for it, so I was hoping someone wanted to let go of there's on the sellers market or if anyone knew of any places selling it with a sf discount.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good to know they are making another production run of these bags. Normally I don't care for tote style briefcases, but man this bag looks amazing.

I'm a little disappointed to hear it's not waxed and water resistant like the normal version from Filson. I want to be able to carry my laptop in this bag and you never know when it could rain. Will have to think about it now. Might be better to just get the tan one instead for 1/2 the cost even if the money does not go to a good cause.
frown.gif

jakksoul

Reaction score
Love these bags.

Surely only a matter of time before filson start expanding their 'core' colorways.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakksoul
Love these bags.

Surely only a matter of time before filson start expanding their 'core' colorways.

Filson has been offering more colors on various products for years. One of the most notable was introducing brown in the luggage line.

arced

Reaction score
Does anyone know how exactly the Ugandans benefit from the bag? I've looked online and at the instructions that came with the bag, but it isn't clearly spelled out. Is Apolis/Filson just buying the cotton from them? Are there anymore benefits beyond the market for 200-400 bags? I love the bag, but I was wondering about the specifics.

svelten

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikey34
thanks kc5 for the link. I actually already own of the bags from the first shipment, i'm just on the lookout for one for my friend. he likes it but can't justify paying full retail for it, so I was hoping someone wanted to let go of there's on the sellers market or if anyone knew of any places selling it with a sf discount.

Given the demand and highly limited quantities of these bags I'm not sure there will be much of a depreciation if anyone sells them second hand, if at all.

Which is too bad, because I really want one as well but can't justify to myself to pay the market price of it.

dunkin

Reaction score
another limited 200 pc run of an already supposed limited bag?? what a sham!
those damn scheming ugandans!!
ffffuuuu.gif

KC5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunkin
another limited 200 pc run of an already supposed limited bag?? what a sham!
those damn scheming ugandans!!
ffffuuuu.gif

That's kind of how I feel too (not necessarily toward the Ugandans though). What's the point of numbering 200 LE bags, when you'll just put out another 200?

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KC5
That's kind of how I feel too (not necessarily toward the Ugandans though). What's the point of numbering 200 LE bags, when you'll just put out another 200?

I, too, don't blame the Ugandans, but I'm surprised that they aren't changing it up a bit... different color, waxing it, etc.

shasta

Reaction score
I'm pretty pissed that I got all fired up about this bag - fretted about getting one of the first delivery bags, made sure I got one, and now find out that they are doubling the quantity out there. So much for being exclusive - Not happy with AA at all - friggin scam artists if you ask me. I'd rather just have a non apolis filson bag at this point.

I wont' be spending any more money with these jerks on their himalayan chashmere peter warmers or whatever the hell their next upcoming "project" is....

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
I'm pretty pissed that I got all fired up about this bag - fretted about getting one of the first delivery bags, made sure I got one, and now find out that they are doubling the quantity out there. So much for being exclusive - Not happy with AA at all - friggin scam artists if you ask me. I'd rather just have a non apolis filson bag at this point.

I wont' be spending any more money with these jerks on their himalayan chashmere peter warmers or whatever the hell their next upcoming "project" is....

Well I'm a vendor and I sure as Hell would like to know what's going on too. I really don't like the feeling that we were part of a marketing experiment and now that it's successful we get left by the wayside. I really hate funding other people's projects.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads