• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Divulging SF to Outsiders

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)

She has also outed me to a few family members. At Christmas last year, obviously I received several articles of clothing. My brother took note of a few interesting things and started asking me some questions. My wife cut him off and said "oh you won't believe this, your brother actually dresses up and takes pictures of himself to post on the internet so that a bunch of guys can comment." My brother said something to the effect of, "last week in LA I saw two guys kissing in the park, and until right now, that was the gayest thing I had ever seen."

So, yeah, I pretty much keep it to myself.

Sheesh. Grounds for divorce.

My wife refers to all the men's fashion sites now as "cloth club". As in, "are you looking at cloth club again?" lolz

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife asks me if there is anything new on styleforum everyday (just to make fun),she prefers that I go out and do something rather than stay home saying that I will end up on styleforum anyways.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that there are so many inside jokes here that outside observers are bound to think we are sick, awful people.

NOLA1

Reaction score
The OP found SF when I accidentally forgot the clear the browser on his computer. I didn't want him to know that I was a member (I assumed he would bust my balls) but forgot nonetheless. That mistake of mine has probably cost DapperDave more money than he would care to think about.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am enjoying this thread tremendously.

Grammar school social anxiety and fears...few things are more entertaining.

I particularly like the **** card...that is always a nice touch.

A spectacular thread would be WIGYAHRTT...Who is Giving You a Hard Time Today. You would take photographs of people deriding you as it happens, and then post them.

- B

Classically

Reaction score
Surprisingly, no one asks or cares for that matter.

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
My tailor is amazed at some the suits I bring in. He can't figure out how I pay $600 for fully canvassed, hand tailored stuff when he would pay that much, if not more, for the fabric alone.

My girlfriend couldn't care less.

I keep my corners of the internet to myself.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I have a couple of friends I met online (not here), when asked we usually answer that we met in a sauna and mention that one of us had a mustache. The truth is more boring than fiction.

BTW people under 30 met a lot of other people online, either through forums, facebook or whatnot so there's nothing particularly shocking about that, unless you happen to present the forum as "a place where men take pictures of themselves so other men can determine how good they look" which gets you the usual second-rate comments about being gay recycled from countless of other conversational topics during which the person had to call someone else gay because it was the expected thing to do.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Part of the problem is that there are so many inside jokes here that outside observers are bound to think we are sick, awful people.

What jokes?

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I have a couple of friends I met online (not here), when asked we usually answer that we met in a sauna and mention that one of us had a mustache.

A tangential question: when you smoke in a sauna, does it create a particularly toxic fog when combined with the steam?

Just curious.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
A tangential question: when you smoke in a sauna, does it create a particularly toxic fog when combined with the steam?

Just curious.

- B

No, it all just goes limp.

illeagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
My wife cut him off and said "oh you won't believe this, your brother actually dresses up and takes pictures of himself to post on the internet so that a bunch of guys can comment." My brother said something to the effect of, "last week in LA I saw two guys kissing in the park, and until right now, that was the gayest thing I had ever seen."
laugh.gif
that's actually pretty funny (sorry for laughing at your expense)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads