• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim + Rain = Sadface

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Did you mean "car" maintenance and repair? If so, your spelling is laughable.
By using the magic powers of the 'e' key being next to the 'r' key, and doing a typo...yes, I meant "car" not "care". But I did not mean my statement as an atack against you, whodini, just a general reminder that "you may be ignorant about something else..." and that it's senseless to ridicule someone: anonymously on the internet, no less. *and I read the OP 'crying all the way to car' as a typo-ridden metaphor about it being rainy, but if the OP implies actual tears being induced at the situation, then yes, Nelson says "ha, ha"

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Since I'm already the asshole in this thread, I'd like to point out that the OP said, and I'll quote:

Originally Posted by Dekayte
I just cried the whole way to my car, then the whole way from my car to my place.

Put it in context. Jesting or not, he's talking about crying over a pair of jeans because they came into contact with water.

Oh, come on, he was in the rain--who can tell whether someone is crying when he's in the rain?

Or need I point you to Jim Varney's classic song from Ernest Goes to Camp, "Gee I'm Glad It's Raining," in which he expresses gratitude for the rain because "no one sees your teardrops when it pours"?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
By using the magic powers of the 'e' key being next to the 'r' key, and doing a typo...yes, I meant "car" not "care". But I did not mean my statement as an atack against you, whodini, just a general reminder that "you may be ignorant about something else..." and that it's senseless to ridicule someone: anonymously on the internet, no less.

*and I read the OP 'crying all the way to car' as a typo-ridden metaphor about it being rainy, but if the OP implies actual tears being induced at the situation, then yes, Nelson says "ha, ha"

At the end of the day, they're just ******* jeans.*

(*= I've said this so many times, and you can google it, that I should TM it.)
Originally Posted by landho
Oh, come on, he was in the rain--who can tell whether someone is crying when he's in the rain?

Or need I point you to Jim Varney's classic song from Ernest Goes to Camp, "Gee I'm Glad It's Raining," in which he expresses gratitude for the rain because "no one sees your teardrops when it pours"?

Stick to your Laker analysis, Stu.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
This guy!

jamoo

Reaction score
I've been rained on a few times - there's nothing you can do about it, and your jeans won't be ruined.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are we coming to when we're afraid to wear jeans in the rain?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is one of those SF threads that actually makes me feel dumber after reading. If I stick around, ill soon be wearing a diaper.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
this is one of those SF threads that actually makes me feel dumber after reading. If I stick around, ill soon be wearing a diaper.
And I'll be there saying, "SB, I just don't know, man. The fit looks a bit...unkept and dumpish."

Brian SD

Reaction score
This is kind of a legitimate concern. This was a much more talked-about topic when the information concerning raw denim was semi-scarce as it was relatively new to the mainstream. We haven't had much discussion on this in quite awhile.

In my experience, rain has never caused any ill-effects on fading.

If you may recall, I had a thrilling episode of unexpected wine spillage on my beautiful, wonderful 5EPs some years ago (DAMMIT KIM THEY'RE NOT READY TO BE WASHED YET). Thanks to the collective support of my fellow Styleforumers, I survived this tragic event and the jeans ended up not stained and pretty damn fine.

Dry those tears. Everything will be okay.

datasupa

Reaction score
the humidity level today is over 50%......can i ware my jeanz out? what is the highest level of humidity that one can safely ware the jeanz out?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Your jeans will be lost in time like tears in rain.

3414251roydiesug3.jpg

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Dekayte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
If you may recall, I had a thrilling episode of unexpected wine spillage on my beautiful, wonderful 5EPs some years ago (DAMMIT KIM THEY'RE NOT READY TO BE WASHED YET). Thanks to the collective support of my fellow Styleforumers, I survived this tragic event and the jeans ended up not stained and pretty damn fine.

Dry those tears. Everything will be okay.

I should have been more concerned with the smell more than the wetness. I swear they smell weird/swamp-like now but my roommate keeps saying it just smells like denim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads