• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Danner Stumptown Collection

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad to see Danner releasing a heritage line. Is it a fully rebuildable boot like White's?

Yes indeed.

All Danner boots can be recrafted and resoled over time.

I work very closley with everyone at Danner so feel free to shoot me an email or PM if you have any questions at all.

We currently stock 4 different models from the Stumptown including our very own creation, the Lownsdale boot.

We should have the full collection on the Woodlands site in a few weeks. In the mean time, feel free to hit me up and I can special order you anything you need. The factory is a mere 20 minutes from my house and I frequently stop by to pick up restocks for our shops.

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd like to know the same thing.
Plus, does anyone have any fit pics?

Fit pics!

Riff
tumblr_lsim4oNzjj1qgfl0fo1_500.jpg

Myself
6a01310fea3b6f970c0148c6ddfd0c970c-pi

Carl
tumblr_ltp0uqoe7p1qgfl0f

Jeff Thrope
tumblr_lqrk7d0Ncd1qgfl0fo1_500.jpg

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before I buy, how heavy are these?

I find them lighter than heavy work boots like the Red Wing rugged classics I have now replaced with my Danner Stumptown Mountain Light in dark brown. I like these boots a lot and they will be my snowy weather / deep woods boot this fall and winter.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't love them. Still prefer the Diemme Roccia Vet 's over the Danners.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I find them lighter than heavy work boots like the Red Wing rugged classics I have now replaced with my Danner Stumptown Mountain Light in dark brown. I like these boots a lot and they will be my snowy weather / deep woods boot this fall and winter.

I bought the olive Chromexcel Lownsdales. I can't wait until they arrive—these will be my snowy weather boots, too.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason from Wilderness Workshop in Boston put a cool story on his tumblr:

danner mountain trail.

this model was originally for sale in the 1970’s, just prior to when the team at danner invented the gore-tex bootie insert for footwear. it was about the only patent that w.l. gore and associates ever let slip by them, and became a case study in what to avoid when working with third party consultants. funfact: danner is the only footwear brand in the world who is allowed to use gore tex without stamping its product on the exterior with “gore-tex.” the boots now come with an optional lace badge, but are not embroidered or silkscreened with gore’s trademark.
deep in the mountain of deadstock that is warehoused on tent city’s jaw dropping 5 floors, i found an unwearable size 5 of original, 1970’s danner mountain trail boots. they were pristine, new in their original box. more than a year ago, the danner crew came to boston, doing a little field research...

dylan123

Reaction score
Michael, My normal shoe size is 9D or 42, I wear 8.5D in Alden barrie last so you think I should order a Danner Mountain Light Lownsdales in 8.5EE . does the shoe feel loose or just right for you.

Thanks
Kam

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Michael, My normal shoe size is 9D or 42, I wear 8.5D in Alden barrie last so you think I should order a Danner Mountain Light Lownsdales in 8.5EE . does the shoe feel loose or just right for you.
Thanks
Kam

I'm a 9D in most shoes (such as the Allen Edmonds 5-lasted Strand) and the 8.5EE Lownsdale fits great. My pair arrived last night, and I'm wearing them now. Super comfy and the leather is excellent.

Boognish

Reaction score
After last year's debacle, is Danner going to do the F&F 50% sale this year? Anybody know?

ffatt

Reaction score

Don't love them. Still prefer the Diemme Roccia Vet 's over the Danners.

How come? What sets them below Diemmes for you? Quality of leather, fit or what? Not confronting, just curious.

After last year's debacle, is Danner going to do the F&F 50% sale this year? Anybody know?

I hope so man or at least some type of discount, the prices on Diemmes during sale times might push me towards them over these if no sale happens.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads