• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Faster

Reaction score
Let me reach out to Lauren to see if Navy Shell is even an option. I take it folks are interested in the possibility of Navy Shell?

Thank you sir.

If not. Let's check Burgundy shell or calf?

I doubt there will be enough people interested in a suede make up, but I think it would look fairly sharp.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me reach out to Lauren to see if Navy Shell is even an option. I take it folks are interested in the possibility of Navy Shell?
My info is several months old, but last I checked with Lauren, there was just black, burgundy, dark brown, and whiskey shell available.

If other colors become available, a loden green Harlech would be lovely...

aldenfan

Reaction score
My info is several months old, but last I checked with Lauren, there was just black, burgundy, dark brown, and whiskey shell available.

If other colors become available, a loden green Harlech would be lovely...
Loden would be great.

I also think a custom RL Lindrick would be awesome. I love that boot but the 13US size that RL sells is a tad too tight for me. I'd also consider adding a dainite sole to it.

Additionally a RL Gianni would be awesome as well. Haven't seen those available for a long time.

Montecristo905

Reaction score

Montecristo905

Reaction score

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I hadn't seen that. Thx for the link, I'm going to order them.

Thanks for the info. I did not know this.

Given how hard it is to find Alden cigar boots, I am looking for non-Alden options.

No problems, and I'm glad to have been of some assistance!

I noticed the shell boots on the C&J website some time back (and they've got a few other stock models in shell there, too), and so I sent an e-mail to C&J to ask about availability.

I received a response from a very helpful chap named Matthias, from the C&J store in Jermyn St. He said that the Skye II would cost GPB541 plus shipping. I must admit that I'm not sure if that price includes VAT, or whether VAT had been removed. He also said that there is sometimes a wait for shell boots, depending on whether your size is in stock or not.

He also said that they have the Harlech boots in brown shell in stock, too, and that they're GBP520, plus shipping.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
No problems, and I'm glad to have been of some assistance!

I noticed the shell boots on the C&J website some time back (and they've got a few other stock models in shell there, too), and so I sent an e-mail to C&J to ask about availability.

I received a response from a very helpful chap named Matthias, from the C&J store in Jermyn St. He said that the Skye II would cost GPB541 plus shipping. I must admit that I'm not sure if that price includes VAT, or whether VAT had been removed. He also said that there is sometimes a wait for shell boots, depending on whether your size is in stock or not.

He also said that they have the Harlech boots in brown shell in stock, too, and that they're GBP520, plus shipping.

Those prices are without VAT... Would be much higher with VAT still in there...

-Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads