• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@budapest12 ,

Whom did you speak with when you asked about the full bellows tounge for the Snowdon? I was on the phone earlier with Lauren placing an order, and I asked about doing a single MTO with everything that was listed earlier in our post, however, she told me that the factory wouldn't be able to do the full-bellow
puzzled.gif
Sending you a PM. That's odd. Maybe they won't do this for a single MTO, only a run of 12. But that doesn't make much sense.

loxo

Reaction score
Mine was charged as well, $945.72 (~£619.80?).

Relatedly, did C&J ever confirm if we were going to get the flat welt or storm welt on the boots?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Aren't the differing amounts due to different cc foreign transaction fees?

I don't know what I got charged in gbp as it hasn't hit my account yet. The $929 was what was shown on the notification via phone app. I logged on and no pending charge yet.

Faster

Reaction score
The exchange rate should have worked slightly in our favor. Unless your CC is playing tricks with EX rate.. I have no fees on mine
I've reached out to Lauren, let's see what she says.It really all depends on what the final C&J charge was, anything else is up to our CC

Last edited:

loxo

Reaction score
In my experience with purchases I've made in Euros, I get the published bank rate and no transaction fees. Not sure why I've gotten charged ~$40 more than the bank rate GBP->USD (my credit card website only shows charges in US Dollars).

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was charged $1,011 wtf

Mine was $1,019.90, charge went through today. Although I also got shoe trees with mine. That might account for the difference between some of the charges.

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it is, but it MAY be on a different last. Anyone know?
I think that's right. Not sure if this part about the lasts is right but standard Harlech may be on 325 NOT SURE whereas Peal & Co. is on 240?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads