• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe this would incur a MTO fee. I recently discovered however that when you send your shoes/boots in to C&J for restoration you can swap soles for no extra moneys.

That is great to know because there aren't that many brands anymore who give you so many options for sole swaps anymore.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is great to know because there aren't that many brands anymore who give you so many options for sole swaps anymore.

Yeah it was really reasonable. I swapped out some double leather for Ridgeway using C&J and its totaling $210 (including mailing each way to the UK).

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was really reasonable. I swapped out some double leather for Ridgeway using C&J and its totaling $210 (including mailing each way to the UK).

that isn't bad price wise, but when compared to top repair places like B Nelson in NYC or even Perry Ercolino in PA, there is quite a big difference in price. They are low to mid $100s for a full resole and you can chose what type of sole you want. They can do a variety of rubber soles or even top quality leather soles from Rendenbach or even Baker.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that isn't bad price wise, but when compared to top repair places like B Nelson in NYC or even Perry Ercolino in PA, there is quite a big difference in price. They are low to mid $100s for a full resole and you can chose what type of sole you want. They can do a variety of rubber soles or even top quality leather soles from Rendenbach or even Baker.

B Nelson quoted me a minimum of $180 and didn't have the ridgeway sole.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

B Nelson quoted me a minimum of $180 and didn't have the ridgeway sole.

Wow that seems like a lot. I thought it was about 150 with Rendenbach soles about a month ago.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Cavendish? What do you think? Killer loafer in my mind. Would love to see this makeup!

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow that seems like a lot. I thought it was about 150 with Rendenbach soles about a month ago.

Yeah it seemed like a lot to me too. I was enquiring about a few things in March and was quoted the following:

To convert to Dainite is $180.00.
A mid-sole is $40.00.
The only way to lighen the color of the welt would be to replace it. To replace a 360 degree welt would be $50.00.
A new sock liner is $30.00.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to add foxing on the heel for detail aka Marlow. Whiskey Marlow Tassel except on last 325 instead of RL Marlow Tassel last 72. Food for thought!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it seemed like a lot to me too. I was enquiring about a few things in March and was quoted the following:

To convert to Dainite is $180.00.
A mid-sole is $40.00.
The only way to lighen the color of the welt would be to replace it. To replace a 360 degree welt would be $50.00.
A new sock liner is $30.00.

Wow!

I know that it isn't cheap to add a midsole or replace a welt and those prices sound right.

It is just the conversion to Dainite that seems expensive. I checked on their site and it is $180 to convert from Leather to Dainite, but only $150 to replace Dainite soles/heels or to resole with Rendenbach. $150 isn't bad, but that first change is what is expensive.

Contact Perry Ercolino in PA. He gives prices based on the situation so you only pay based on how much you want done. He is a bespoke shoe maker anyway, but does extensive shoe repair as well. He should be able to do any sole that you want. I can't quote prices, but the last set of prices that I was told were less than B Nelson and had even more options.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m going to email Lauren today to initiate this process, and specifically to determine if whiskey shell is available.

As for the design, here is what I suggest we move forward with. Essentially the exact boot @mdubs posted above, with modifications indicated by ***:

Crockett & Jones Harlech Cap Toe Boot
Last: 341
Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Sole***: Brown Dainite with a leather mid sole. If brown is not available, then black Dainite with a leather mid sole (just like @mdubs’s boot).
Welt***: Flat 360 degree rather than storm/split reverse 360 degree
Edging: antique/light brown
Eyelets: all blind
Pull tab***: none

Let me know here or in a PM if there’s something in the above that’s a dealbreaker for you.

If whiskey shell is not available, I happen to think the above boot in C&J's dark brown shell would be great, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

The other priority is getting more interested parties, so I'll start posting in relevant threads. So far we have 26 people at at least a maybe. Let me know if I missed you, or if you want to be taken off.

1. @madridista
  2. @Baldrick
  3. @NewYawker
  4. @Papa Doble
  5. @sleepyinsanfran
  6. @zr0e
  7. @Fred G. Unn
  8. @chipshot
  9. @skeen7908
  10. @schmallo15
  11. @TommyB
  12. @PipersSon
  13. @doorsncolours
  14. @Kirill Skok
  15. @nachomann
  16. @kathmandont
  17. @jkater1
  18. @KPAO182
  19. @Candella
  20. @elsalvatrucha
  21. @Faster
  22. @tanbar
  23. @Skyfell
  24. @velgador0
  25. @omicron1792
  26. @Laika7

Finally, remember that the current conversion rate should make the price of these boots significantly lower than usual. I'll get pricing info from Lauren, but if they're £592.50 shipped excluding VAT like before, then they would be $889.

My apologies for the delay in updating everyone on the Whiskey Shell Harlech GMTO.

I heard back from Lauren at C&J. They can do an order for 12 whiskey boots in a couple months. They can also do another run of 12 after the first one if we have 24 orders. This second run would simply be delivered later, but I think it could be submitted at the same time as the first order. Lauren suggested getting everyone's information (sizing, address, payment, etc.) together now, so that everything is squared away by the time the order can be placed.

Unfortunately I'm looking for someone to take over the duties of organizing this GMTO going forward, as I think I'm going to pass on this boot (I simply have funds going to other things and will surely regret it). I hope that everyone understands.

If you're willing to take over, just send me a PM with your email address saying so and I'll (1) reply with Lauren's email address, (2) let Lauren know she should be hearing from you, and (3) reply here stating the new official organizer for this GMTO. I think the main task is to get a list of 12 from the below list, starting at the top of the list (madridista was the first to express interest, and so on).

1. @madridista
  2. @Baldrick
  3. @NewYawker
  4. @Papa Doble OUT
  5. @sleepyinsanfran
  6. @zr0e
  7. @Fred G. Unn OUT
  8. @chipshot
  9. @skeen7908
  10. @schmallo15 OUT
  11. @TommyB
  12. @PipersSon
  13. @doorsncolours
  14. @Kirill Skok
  15. @nachomann
  16. @kathmandont
  17. @jkater1
  18. @KPAO182
  19. @Candella
  20. @elsalvatrucha
  21. @Faster
  22. @tanbar
  23. @Skyfell
  24. @velgador0
  25. @omicron1792
  26. @Laika7
  27. @Cjwylie
  28. @stevefok
  29. @S K M
  30. @dkotek
  31. @saurabh
  32. @polishrifle
  33. @aza281

Last edited:

zr0e

Reaction score
I got in on the skye2 whiskey and need to drop out of this one as well, hopefully next time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads