• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Lindricks are scheduled to finally arrive tomorrow... hope they fit. I had to go a half size larger than I wanted, if they don't I will post here - 9.5.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My Lindricks are scheduled to finally arrive tomorrow... hope they fit. I had to go a half size larger than I wanted, if they don't I will post here - 9.5.

congrats man. 50/50 they fit but should they be too big, im sure you wont have an issue selling them

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No problem, sir. I'm glad you were able to grab yourself a pair. Yeah I appreciate the Horween stamp because I don't get it very often. I've owned about 50 pairs of shell shoes and got the stamp only a handful of times. Like pebblegrain mentioned unlined loafer feature the stamp more regularly. We're your loafers unlined? The stamp is much more common on unlined loafers. In either case, it sounds like you are set I the loafer dept :fonz:

Wait, just saw this... you wrote 50, did you mean 5 though? 50. Beggars belief...

number9dream

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience returning shoes to RL? Wore mine indoors for 3 days and think they are too small. Also appears to be a defect in the insole --- it is already peeling. The soles show some minimal wear, but the shoes could not be resold as new. Anyone know if RL will accept a return?

sm31

Reaction score

^ sucks bro was that for the tassels?
i received my 8.5 tassels today and they look the same as the 8.5 pennys, but i am getting a lot of heel slippage in them that i dont with the pennys. even considering going down to size 8 but logic would say that is too small since i am a normal 9 brannock
i know someone mentioned that overtime and wear, the loafers will fit better ... can anyone else confirm this?

Yes, I'm curious as well.

I got the penny loafers same size as wingtips, and they feel like a good fit (e.g. doubt I could go down another 1/2 size), but I get a little heel slippage. Should I expect that slippage to minimize over time?

Padron

Reaction score

Anyone have any experience returning shoes to RL? Wore mine indoors for 3 days and think they are too small. Also appears to be a defect in the insole --- it is already peeling. The soles show some minimal wear, but the shoes could not be resold as new. Anyone know if RL will accept a return?

Yes, they will take them back. I bought a pair of the penny loafers in store, size 9, that I thought would work as the 9.5's were loose. After wearing around the house one day, I decided they were too small and returned them to the store the next day and exchanged for the 9.5's.

No questions were asked, the ones I returned had creases so I am not sure they could be sold as new, the soles looked new though. They were on display on the sales floor before I purchased them so I did not feel to bad. I also bought some Marlow wingtips at the same time that were size 9.5, they are beautiful shoes.

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ sucks bro was that for the tassels?
i received my 8.5 tassels today and they look the same as the 8.5 pennys, but i am getting a lot of heel slippage in them that i dont with the pennys. even considering going down to size 8 but logic would say that is too small since i am a normal 9 brannock
i know someone mentioned that overtime and wear, the loafers will fit better ... can anyone else confirm this?

Yes, I'm curious as well.

I got the penny loafers same size as wingtips, and they feel like a good fit (e.g. doubt I could go down another 1/2 size), but I get a little heel slippage. Should I expect that slippage to minimize over time?

apparently the heel slippage will subside over time cuz the soles are thick. i dunno though. oh well i cna just use a heel insert. for 303 i cant complain TOO much and the half size down is now gone and back to regular price so dont want to try and exchange now

sm31

Reaction score

apparently the heel slippage will subside over time cuz the soles are thick. i dunno though. oh well i cna just use a heel insert. for 303 i cant complain TOO much and the half size down is now gone and back to regular price so dont want to try and exchange now

OK.

So going back to my assumption above that I probably can't size down, I'm wondering about that now. Right now, with reasonably thin dress socks, I can fit my index finger behind my heel (though it's tight). Does that suggest I could/should size down?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah that sounds like a lot

i guess i could put a finger in (thats what she said) but it would be really really tight and would make my toebox uncomfortable

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lindrick

meaning if i were to stick a finger at the heel, it would squish my toes towards the front and become uncomfortable.. if you can push your foot forward without being too uncomfortable then you should size down.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What size and style ya talking bout? :)

If you had to choose to keep one - would it be the Lindrick boot or Marlow wingtips?

No question, Lindrick. Its like the megatron Marlow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads