• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creed Cologne discounted?

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by swb120
How does Walgreen's (or amazon) sell authentic Creed cologne, and heavily discounted, at that? I thought they were very strict about only using a few US authorized distributors, such as Saks and Neiman. I've never understood this...can someone explain? If it's truly authentic, I'll go to Walgreens on my way home from work!

supposedly not available in stores, per the Walgreen's website

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Walgreen's stuff is the eau de toilette not the Millesime.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the U.S but here in England, Creed have stopped (banned?) their official stockists from selling it on-line, probably to protect their own fledgling on-line business.

So, given this, I wouldn't buy from any on-line retailer except Creed personally, as I couldn't be sure of the provenance.

swb120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
The Walgreen's stuff is the eau de toilette not the Millesime.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you briefly explain the difference? Thanks!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
It isn't even available in England. The Original Vetiver (which isn't the original
confused.gif
) is nice though.

The name Original Vetiver irritates me. One ... it makes looking for "real" Vetiver almost impossible. And yes, Original is very nice ... but it just ain't what I'm after ... and I'm down to my last quarter bottle! This could be a very traumatic experience.

Guerlain's Vetiver is nice but was reformulated a few years ago and it now seems a little bit citrusy at the top but this falls away relatively quickly revealing a 'soapy' Vetiver.
Thanks for the heads up.

I currently use Frederic Malle's Vetiver Extrodinaire which reputably has the highest concentration of Vetiver in perfumery.

Recommended.

Sounds like I need to find a tester at the very least.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by swb120
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you briefly explain the difference? Thanks!

In simple terms, the millesime is far more concentrated and the fragrance has much more staying power when you wear it. The eau de toilette is much lighter.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
The name Original Vetiver irritates me. One ... it makes looking for "real" Vetiver almost impossible. And yes, Original is very nice ... but it just ain't what I'm after ... and I'm down to my last quarter bottle! This could be a very traumatic experience. Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I need to find a tester at the very least.
Try Les Senteurs in Mayfair they stock both Creed and Malle's perfumes amongst other niche perfume houses. They may offer other interesting alternatives. http://shop.lessenteurs.com/ Vetiver based scents seem to be back in fashion again, I've seen quite a few recently. I love them. I tend to wear Vetiver based scents in Autuumm/Winter and Citrus based scents in Spring/Summer. I never wear Patchoulli/Sandlewood type scents as I find them too heavy and cloying. I like my scents to have an 'astringent' quality to them.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
In simple terms, the millesime is far more concentrated and the fragrance has much more staying power when you wear it. The eau de toilette is much lighter.
I always equate the Millesime to Eau de Parfum, which has a higher concentration of the Parfum absolute. I find sometimes though, that the Eau de Parfums smell slightly different than their weaker brethren.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tend to wear Vetiver based scents in Autuumm/Winter and Citrus based scents in Spring/Summer. I never wear Patchoulli/Sandlewood type scents as I find them too heavy and cloying.
We are on the same page here.

I'd like to find a new citrus base scent. I've been wearing Quercus by Penhaligons.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
We are on the same page here. I'd like to find a new citrus base scent. I've been wearing Quercus by Penhaligons.
I tend to wear Dior's Eau Sauvage

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tend to wear Dior's Eau Sauvage
I seem forever to confuse Christian Dior and Chanel ... I just can't figure this one out. Maybe it's the "ch" thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads