• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
"What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night, never had a lot of cabinets to put up?"

Bless you, RJ. And for the record, I did not buy this, though I cannot speak for DocHolliday

I did not buy it either, and am not certain I would have recognized it as a sonic screwdriver had you not told me. One day, archaeologists will puzzle over what this strange object might have been.

As an aside, at what point did the magic wallet go from being a hillbilly-themed novelty item to an actual wallet?

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gorgeous but overpriced imo. It's hard to understand how he can call them "perfect" and then detail the damage.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT
The Dunhill bridle briefcase on RJman's list is exceptional. Tempting too.

Steven

That's from their tradition range. Made in England to a very high standard. Over priced at the BIN but good if you can pick it up at opening bid.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
shoddy resole job too

Actually not. They have been professionally resoled by a cobbler I have been frequenting for years. He uses Rendenbach soles and does a good job. The reason why you might call this a "shoddy resole job" may be that I had only half the sole replaced and not a whole. To replace the whole sole is not really necessary every time you have worn the front part down.

As for the condition - the shoes have been returned by a forum member who bought them and wasn't happy with the them. I refunded his whole payment. Still, I think that these are beautiful shoes and that they are worth the $.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hmmm.. thats not a bad price for those silk panels, right? I wonder what I could do with them? I do have a few things that need to be reupholstered...

Just robokopped the brown marinella for some panta ties. Might kop the others. RJ, you gets a free tie when they are done, thx.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are very nice shoes, and as it turns out just my size on that last, but I think priced much too high for used shoes with this level of wear. PM me if they don't sell for your asking and you are considering a significant price cut.

Originally Posted by stilmacher
Actually not. They have been professionally resoled by a cobbler I have been frequenting for years. He uses Rendenbach soles and does a good job. The reason why you might call this a "shoddy resole job" may be that I had only half the sole replaced and not a whole. To replace the whole sole is not really necessary every time you have worn the front part down.

As for the condition - the shoes have been returned by a forum member who bought them and wasn't happy with the them. I refunded his whole payment. Still, I think that these are beautiful shoes and that they are worth the $.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
FWIW, Pretty sure it was bigbris (disguised as "The Gooch") who bought this, and returned: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=208822&page=3

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
FWIW, Pretty sure it was bigbris (disguised as "The Gooch") who bought this, and returned: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=208822&page=3

wow onix - some memory
smile.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
gorgeous Edward Greens 12.5 from stilmacher
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
gorgeous but overpriced imo. It's hard to understand how he can call them "perfect" and then detail the damage.
Originally Posted by DrZRM
They are very nice shoes, and as it turns out just my size on that last, but I think priced much too high for used shoes with this level of wear. PM me if they don't sell for your asking and you are considering a significant price cut.
Zach, check your PM. I actually bought these shoes and sent them back. They are in deplorable condition, water stains, sand, bent out of shape, etc. Those pics make them look serviceable, but IRL is a different story. I don't know how anyone selling on the level could label those perfect.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
They are in deplorable condition, water stains, sand, bent out of shape, etc. Those pics make them look serviceable, but IRL is a different story.

I don't think the photos are doing them any favours either. I wouldn't pay $200 for those, let alone $429.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads