• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

christian dating websites

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Thats what goats are for.
I'm so not going there.
devil.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I'm so not going there.
devil.gif

I rarely ever feel the need to get graphic. I prefer coy innuendo. Its much more subversive in the long run.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I rarely ever feel the need to get graphic. I prefer coy innuendo. Its much more subversive in the long run.
I have no idea what you're referring to, but in the abstract I agree. Plus there's the plausible deniability factor.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Not to try and dash your hopes, but if she is serious enough about her religion to still be a virgin, she will probably be serious enough to heed this little piece of advice:

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [2 Corinthians 6:14/KJV]

yes. you've hit the nail on the head. i'm convinced that i'm going down the right path.

however, i've decided not to do the website thing. call me a purist. i'm going to stay clean, pray, and meditate. if and when God chooses, i'll meet the right girl for me.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
yes. you've hit the nail on the head. i'm convinced that i'm going down the right path.

however, i've decided not to do the website thing. call me a purist. i'm going to stay clean, pray, and meditate. if and when God chooses, i'll meet the right girl for me.

crazy.gif

having a deeply religious partner just seems like a pointless novelty. You're starting to sound crazy dude.

Jill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
crazy.gif

having a deeply religious partner just seems like a pointless novelty. You're starting to sound crazy dude.

Define "deeply religious". In some alternate universe, it may be novel to have faith in some higher power. But not this one.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jill
Define "deeply religious". In some alternate universe, it may be novel to have faith in some higher power. But not this one.
I think "deeply religious" has already been very well defined, maybe you haven't been paying attention. For the purpose of this thread a "deeply religious" girl is someone who would be a virgin in her mid-late 20's, hanging out on a Christian dating website, who is waiting for matadorpoeta to discover her and sweep her off her feet... Is that "alternate universe" enough for you?

Jill

Reaction score
Hmm. I kinda popped in and out of the thread over the course of its life. So I coulda missed it. But I thot Matadorpoeta made it clear that virginity wasn't a prerequisite. Maybe I'm just being hyper-sensitive because I used a Christian dating website (in addition to other sites) in my early 30s.

Whatever.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Aww don't take it so personal. There's nothing wrong with trying to meet Christian women (if you are into that whole "religious" thing)...

It just seems like an anachronistic venue for that kind of thing. I mean, if real Christians are what you are looking for, why not just try a few churches or church functions?

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aww don't take it so personal. There's nothing wrong with trying to meet Christian women (if you are into that whole "religious" thing)...

It just seems like an anachronistic venue for that kind of thing. I mean, if real Christians are what you are looking for, why not just try a few churches or church functions?

Yeah, cuz like those Christian chicks aren't really into that whole 'Web' and 'Technology' thing anyway. They're like, Luddites, y'know.
tounge.gif

Jill

Reaction score

Huh? Like if you want to meet a rich girl, just hang out at a bank, 'cuz that's the only place they hang out? What is anachronistic about the venue? Christians are too backwards and unsophisticated to use a computer? I don't get it. Is that what you're saying?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Yeah but there is a difference between:

1)Being a practicing X (say going to church once a week)
2)Being a non-practicing X
3)Believing in a higher power
4)Being an atheist

While a large % of the population falls into 1 to 3 (something like 84% in the US, I think), only something like 20% would be 1, and most deeply religious people (as in, people who'se beliefs take a lot of place in their lives) would probably be concentrated in those in group 1, no? There are of course exceptions but what I'm basically saying is that for a lot of "religious" people, religion and it's tenets don't take such an important place and they certainly aren't looking for "deeply religious" partners and could potentially be put off by the changes it would require in their lives.

As an aside I'm in Canada (about 10% #1) and I can honestly say I don't know who these people are as I don't know ANY practicing christians. In fact I recently had a family meeting and there wasn't any members of group 1 or 2, and as far as I know no more than 1 group 3 (my grandmother).

By the way I want to make sure it is very clear that I'm not attacking in any way your, or anyone else's, prerogative to look for a partner that would share something that is obviously an important part of your life with you, seems like a recipee for success.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Huh? Like if you want to meet a rich girl, just hang out at a bank, 'cuz that's the only place they hang out? What is anachronistic about the venue? Christians are too backwards and unsophisticated to use a computer? I don't get it. Is that what you're saying?

What I'm saying is that if you are looking for something specific, a christian girl with certain characteristics, wouldn't it make sense to go somewhere where you can meet, see, and get to know Christian girls? The internet is a great place, no doubt, but the very nature of it casts doubt upon the image, personality, and even gender of the people you are talking to or trying to meet. ( I could tell you some funny stories about some people I know...) I mean, there is a degree of anonymity involved, and people are very often completely different people online and IRL. In my opinion, you would be better served trying to meet Christian girls in an environment where first of all, you know they are what you are looking for as far as appearance, compatibility, values, and etc through actually being able to see them and talk to their friends and family. But you actually KNOW they are Christians! Even on a "Christian" dating site, there is no certainty that what you see is what you get.

I think you know this is what I'm talking about, and are just trying to antagonize me...which is totally cute in an elementary school kind of way, but better watch out, Chuck might get jealous!

wink.gif

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The internet is a great place, no doubt, but the very nature of it casts doubt upon the image, personality, and even gender of the people you are talking to or trying to meet. ( I could tell you some funny stories about some people I know...) I mean, there is a degree of anonymity involved, and people are very often completely different people online and IRL. In my opinion, you would be better served trying to meet Christian girls in an environment where first of all, you know they are what you are looking for as far as appearance, compatibility, values, and etc through actually being able to see them and talk to their friends and family. But you actually KNOW they are Christians! Even on a "Christian" dating site, there is no certainty that what you see is what you get.

wink.gif

Everything you say about the possibility of deception involved in computer dating could just as well apply to meeting somewhere anyone else.

Besides, given that your social circle has already produced two violent murderers, I think maybe your advice on how to meet quality people can be taken with a grain of salt.
sly.gif

Jill

Reaction score
... In my opinion, you would be better served trying to meet Christian girls in an environment where first of all, you know they are what you are looking for as far as appearance, compatibility, values, and etc through actually being able to see them and talk to their friends and family. But you actually KNOW they are Christians! Even on a "Christian" dating site, there is no certainty that what you see is what you get...
...because there's a screener at the sanctuary door who does a background check on everyone who tries to enter?

I don't disagree that a church is a reasonable place to meet fellow-believers, just like a bar is a reasonable place to meet fellow-drinkers, or a ball-game is a reasonable place to meet fellow-sportsfans. But there's no reason why you should ONLY be able to find fellow-drinkers at a bar. What if you go to the wrong bar? Wrong ball-game? Sit in the wrong section? Go to the wrong church?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads