• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chippewa 20065 Classic Boot

mixProtocol

Reaction score
I wear 9D for all my dress shoes. My 8.5D Red Wing GT's fit great with my athletic socks and tight with the really thick socks. I want to get the Chocolate Apache but not sure which size would work for me.

I don't know if this'll help you, but, I wear 8.5D in Allen Edmonds 5-Last and 4-Last, as well as Reeboks and New Balance. My size for the Chippewa 6" boot was the same: 8.5D.

jhwendland

Reaction score

Left: What happens after a good bout with Lexol and Obenauf's.
Right: Poor dirty, dried out and creased to hell boots, think I need some shoe trees...

Slight burnishing on the toes, probably will lighten up after some wear, a true chocolate brown IMO.

Brendan
My pair of Chippewa boots arrived in the mail last week, but I wanted to change the laces out. Do you remember what laces you bought? I ordered a pair for the Wolverine 1000 Mile boot off therightlace (46"), but they're too short. The laces that came with the boots were too short too though, so maybe I'm lacing them wrong.

Last edited:

jhwendland

Reaction score
I don't know how you all manage to get away with 45" laces. They're way too short for me, but I found some flat waxed laces on Amazon 59" long that should work.

Also, for what it's worth, if you ever order from therightlace.com and receive an email saying your payment was declined, ignore it. I've already received two laces from them and have three more on the way (all ordered with separate credit cards).

mixProtocol

Reaction score
So over the past year these have become my go-to shoe... I'm guessing I wear them at least four times a week and the soles are starting to show some wear. I found that amazon's running a 20% sale on shoes/boots, which brings the price on the chocolate apache ones down to like $90 after the discount code (similar to what I paid for my first pair). I'm thinking it might be time to pick up a second set or maybe grab the tan GQ boots (and then maybe hit them with some Fiebing's dye).

Has anyone dyed these before, and if so, have pics to share? I had good luck using Meltonian creme on my first pair (see pics below), but would love to try something different on a second...

Note: the color of the top two pics isn't quite accurate, they're more cordovan/eggplant than brown:

Thoughts? Do I go for a second pair of Chippewas or try to widen my options with something completely different?

Last edited:

mixProtocol

Reaction score
Those seem to have held up pretty well for being worn so much.

Erg... I should have mentioned that those pics were from the first week that I had them (when I first applied the meltonian) -- I'll upload some current pics within a day or so. Still, they've definitely held up well -- there's just some creasing in the leather (and the soles are showing some wear...).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads