• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Childrens menus

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969

Kids eat what parents allow them to eat. If my kid passes on white beans and kale tonight he won't eat.

Ahhh.... memories of sitting at the table for 2 hours til i finished my food.
blush.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
blush.gif

I had a stay-at-home mom, and I regularly sat at the table for an entire afternoon. Eggplant and beef tongue were the contentious issues. I still hate tongue, but now love eggplant.

My son, now 10, doesn't eat anything well, and his table manners are atrocious. My daughter, under 2, seems to have a taste for fine cheeses (after school a couple of weeks ago, she wolfed down about about $7 worth of a sheep's milk cheese with a red wine rind, and wouldn't touch the mild cheddar; and she prefers expensive chocolate (Burdick's is her favorite, to cheap, though cheap will do in a pinch), and the more exotic fruits (kiwi and mangos are current favorites.) At restaurants, I encourage my son to order off of the children's menu, because I'd rather waste $10 then $20. My daughter often just ends up wantong to "share" whatever it is I am eating. I figure that this makes us both eat better.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a cultural thing. Ask a Guatamalan Mayan child to eat cheerios and milk for breakfast and they would probably scoff. People are so pushy for us to "respect other cultures", but then get so upset that we have a culture of our own.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are people in this thread really pretending they don't like burgers, pizza and chicken fingers?
rotflmao.gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
WTF!?! is wrong with american and their God Blessed Children menus.
To me its basicly a cop out and is molding our youth to eat like ****.
My daughter is 5 and won't even look at the menu.
she would rather try the food on the actual menu then the childrens menu.

I don't understand the whole grilled cheese, hamburger, chicken nuggets ( tenders) menu.
Any thoughts???

Genius moment: Order off the adults menu for if you believe she can handle it. What she doesn't finish you take home with you to feed the Teger you keep in the crawl space.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
was just going to start a thread looking for suggestions. all my kids eat are pizza, tacos, burgers, hot dogs and pbj. used to be adventurous, dunno what happened.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
blush.gif

couple of years back I was talking to a Malaysian mom (our daughters are pretty much the same age) and she was praising me coz my kid was attentive and listening to me. our conversation touched on the topic of dining, and she said her kids aren't allowed to leave the table until the plate is clean, and if they don't listen she "brings out the rattan."
wow.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Are people in this thread really pretending they don't like burgers, pizza and chicken fingers?
rotflmao.gif

I love chicken fingers, hate nuggets. and I live pizza and burgers but pretty much avoid both now

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MM- She eats dog too. Wanna bring him over for dinner?

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
and if they don't listen she "brings out the rattan."
wow.gif

gnarly. i remember a childhood friend's family having a wooden spoon if they were bad.
i just had spankings.
mad.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wooden spoon by my mom or grandma was a piece of cake.

I kid ate duck feet with noodles last night. She rocks!

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My parents hit me with a wooden spoon. After a certain age I tried to grab them away and always ended up getting hit on the fingertips (ouch!).

My aunt used a ruler.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads