• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Childrens menus

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF!?! is wrong with american and their God Blessed Children menus.
To me its basicly a cop out and is molding our youth to eat like ****.
My daughter is 5 and won't even look at the menu.
she would rather try the food on the actual menu then the childrens menu.

I don't understand the whole grilled cheese, hamburger, chicken nuggets ( tenders) menu.
Any thoughts???

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Often when browsing hotel room service, I'd rather eat from the children's section (featuring those delicacies you mention) than the sht from the main menu!

But otherwise you're right.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its there because its **** that the kid would eat at home. Comfort food is much less threatening on the side of the parents. Its believed that most kids would not be able to appreciate "real" food. That and well, that stuff is viewed as "Kid Favorites" Idea is the same in Japan, kids menus are usually Yakisoba, Okonomiyaki, Omurice, and Hamburg Steak, not exactly the most epicurial choices.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
has it always been like that??
It really bums me out. I love my kid more than anythings but she isn't a child food prodigy. Why is it she loves beef tongue and mussels for dinner not chicken fingers. I can't believe she isn't the norm or I don't want to believe.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price may be the biggest seling point. Most of the little rug rats, don't appreciate good food anyway, will trow it on the ground, spill soda in it, let it grow cold. Your daughter of five probably picked up on your dismay with the childrens menu and or wants what you have.*

Disclaimer: I have no children.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^maybe. My family on both all sides are adventurous eaters. Her pallet is far from refined but she still likes the taste of good food ( i think) or maybe she eats what is put in front of her.
With that aside why even bother taking your kids to a resturant lets say Indian if all you are going to order them is a hotdog that snot even tandori .

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ This may be true. The prices are usually lower, though so are the portions.
I know when I was a young lad I loved cheese burgers and chicken fingers and what not, but mostly because it was a junkfood treat that my mom would rarely serve us at home. My brothers and I never were the tantrum type either so our food was always finished when we were at restaurants (home was a different story, I remember one time my mom wanted me to eat corn dogs and I about threw up after one bite).
Perhaps your daughter wants to "be like Papa." Again, when I was young I liked to drink beer with my dad (not that I dont like to still do that), and not easy beer, IPAs were the majority of what was in the fridge. I mostly drank because I wanted to be like my dad and eventually I grew a taste for the bitter hoppy deliciousness, making me an avid beer fan as an adult.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my son was an extremly adverturous eater til he hit about 5, then it stopped - now he is on the "white food diet" - basically mac and cheese, pizza, chicken fingers, rice, fries and a handful of other stuff. it comes in cycles, and there is actually a little scientific research to suggest why it happens. but, yes it is a ***** to deal with. my 2 and a half year olds will eat pretty much anything. go figure

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
^^maybe. My family on both all sides are adventurous eaters. Her pallet is far from refined but she still likes the taste of good food ( i think) or maybe she eats what is put in front of her. With that aside why even bother taking your kids to a resturant lets say Indian if all you are going to order them is a hotdog that snot even tandori .
Couldn't get a sitter? I think most times they take the children because they are celebrating some sort of family affair. The children should be present, they feel, but not at the cost of a grown up dinner. Or to avoid a possible disturbance like this one. Girl forced to eat from grown up menu at a 3 star restaurant:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Frankly, I recall just liking such childish foods at a young age. Since my normal dinners consisted of the more grown up variant, a night of french fries and a steak/burger seemed a treat. But actually, I mostly agree with you. Carry on
smile.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
getting a sitter is no excuse,stay at home specially if your kid can't behave like the kid in the video.
maybe you are right and going out to eat is more of a treat. I guess is my daughter was a picky eater and cried a lot I would go out as much. However we LOVE to cook at home. she likes to help and I think that makes her a better eater because she has input on the meal.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my kids were all adventurous at different stages but now eat only 7-10 things: pizza, burgers, hot dogs, scrambled eggs and pb & j. steak soft tacos if i make them. they also like shrimp and fish, but it's getting difficult to constantly find things they will eat.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kunk and other parents do you think school has anything to do with it. If your child eats **** ass cafeteria food and get use to it and or you pack the kid lunch but don't have time to make make adventurous meals or the school can't keep the food safe do you think that might aid in your childs eating habits???
So when you dine out the kids fall back to more "school food".
All I do know is that **** needs to change because the amount of over weight kids is outrageous.

Crakaveli

Reaction score
the food isn't making kids fat, it's the lack of exercise. do you think kids ate healthy food back in the day? no, but they got plenty of exercise.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crakaveli
the food isn't making kids fat, it's the lack of exercise. do you think kids ate healthy food back in the day? no, but they got plenty of exercise.

And they did actual manual labor.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol^^

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads