• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Shoe Sale

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hanker565
just double checking, tyrwhitt stores in the US do take returns on web orders, right?

Yup, returns and exchanges.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
How is it?

At $35 a pop I think they're pretty nice shirts. The CT fitted shirts fit me well. Only problem is that although I usually get size 17.5/36, this time I got a size 17/35 (because I lost some weight recently) and I think the sleeves might be too short after i wash them.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to size down a full size for their shoes ...... usually wear 11.5 us, ordered 2 pair @ 10.5 us , their shoes def. run 1 full size larger than normal

coachvu

Reaction score
My items shipped on the 29th, and I received them today. I ordered the cherry brown chukkas. Normally, I wear a 13, so I ordered these in 12.5. As is, they're too big for me to keep, and another full size down will be too small. Before returning them, I want to try some inserts. Can anyone recommend a brand/model?

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hanker565
I'm just going to return it all, although I wonder how they would handle partial refunds given the 100 off 250 code we all used...
Anyone try any returns yet? Oh, and the size s casual fitted shirts are suprisingly slim in the body, but huge in the arms.

jmatt

Reaction score
SIZING QUESTION:

When people talk about sizing down, are they referring to the UK sizes, or the US sizes? The reason I ask, is CT seems to have two parallel sites. One lists shoes in UK sizes, while the other lists in US sizes. By comparing the two sites for "Out of Stock" shoes, it is evident that CT adjusts by 1/2 to go from UK to US. Thus, if one orders a 9 1/2 UK, it is the same shoe as if ordered a 10 US.

SO - when people talk about ordering a size down, if one needs a 10 US, are they ordering a 9 US or a 9 UK (which would be a 9 1/2 US)?

arced

Reaction score
I asked this question and the sizing appears to be quirky. I was recommended to go down a size for the US sizing. I typically take a 9.5 US, but I ended up ordering an 8.5 US. They haven't arrived yet, so we'll see. Maybe someone will have to start a CT Shoe Swap thread.
smile.gif

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
I had the same question.

I needed a 9.5 US, so I ordered 8.5 UK (9 US) as recommended by others on the forum.

Now I see that I should've ordered 8 UK (8.5 US). Will see when the order arrives.

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
I had the same question.

I needed a 9.5 US, so I ordered 8.5 UK (9 US) as recommended by others on the forum.

Now I see that I should've ordered 8 UK (8.5 US). Will see when the order arrives.

I received my derbys in an 8.5 UK. I wear a 9.5 US normally, and an 8.5 UK in the cap toes and semi-brogues I bought from CT, and a 9 UK in the Chelsea Boots. The Derbys feel good in the forefoot, but there is enough room in the heel that I am afraid of slippage. However, I think another .5 size down would have been pushing it. I will let you know what happens when my wholecuts arrive. I expect them today or tomorrow (order got split).

Any good solutions for heel slippage?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
I asked this question and the sizing appears to be quirky. I was recommended to go down a size for the US sizing. I typically take a 9.5 US, but I ended up ordering an 8.5 US. They haven't arrived yet, so we'll see. Maybe someone will have to start a CT Shoe Swap thread.
smile.gif

Yes, you go down one full UK size. I'm a 10.5 US and I take a 9.5UK Loake or alternately if I was shopping at the store in NYC I'd ask for a 10US. If anyone gets a 9.5UK (or a 10UK for my coworker) from this sale and needs to get rid of it for any reason, please let me know.

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Yes, you go down one full UK size. I'm a 10.5 US and I take a 9.5UK Loake or alternately if I was shopping at the store in NYC I'd ask for a 10US. If anyone gets a 9.5UK (or a 10UK for my coworker) from this sale and needs to get rid of it for any reason, please let me know.
Well - we'll see how I did. I wear a 10 EEE in A-E. I would wear a 10 1/2 W in shoes that come in Wide, Medium, or Narrow. I ordered a US 10 (UK 9 1/2) in the G last. Should know soon if I got a good deal for myself - or for a fellow forumite.

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

Errr... I was recommended to go down a size even on the US sizing, so even though I take a 9.5US, I went with the 8.5US, which I guess translates into an 8UK, no?
confused.gif
I just got my email about the order shipping, so I may be starting that CT Swap Thread within the next 10 days...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
Errr... I was recommended to go down a size even on the US sizing, so even though I take a 9.5US, I went with the 8.5US, which I guess translates into an 8UK, no?
confused.gif
I just got my email about the order shipping, so I may be starting that CT Swap Thread within the next 10 days...

They still might work for you. It depends on how snug you like your shoes. The Loakes are fairly long and wide.

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
BTW, why the need for swap?

Wouldn't CT take returns and provide better sized replacements?

On their website it appears that almost everything people here have been buying (in terms of shoes) has been sold out. So unless someone who has the size you want returns theirs, you will be out of luck (I would think).

Query: If we start trading shoes, what happens if I send my 8.5 UK derbys to whoever, and get my hands on 8 UK derbys from someone else, what happens if they do not fit the recipient, after all this is just educated guessing in terms of proper sizing and fit!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics