1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Charles Tyrwhitt Shoe Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Jun 28, 2006.

1. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

I think I'm about to deal with it, will respond when results are in.

any updates?

2. marc237

marc237 Well-Known Member

I ordered a pair of chukkas and a cream cotton suit. Shoes have not arrived, but suit did. For the price, not at all unhappy with suit. I was lucky that the arm length is fine for me since there are working button holes. But, it will be a nice replacement summer suit. Still wait on the chukkas. Boots, start walking.

3. Sartorially Challenged

Sartorially Challenged Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they'd put working buttonholes in RTW suits.

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they'd put working buttonholes in RTW suits.

Sales gimmick. Obvious, I know, but that's all it is.

5. Sartorially Challenged

Sartorially Challenged Well-Known Member

No, what I mean is... the main benefit of RTW is that it fits (sort of) a wide array of customers (who would, of course, further cutomize the fit).

Once you have working button holes, that limits the customer base. For one thing, folks who have slightly different arm or shoulder lengths (me, e.g.) wouldn't be able to use those suits.

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

No, what I mean is... the main benefit of RTW is that it fits (sort of) a wide array of customers (who would, of course, further cutomize the fit).

Once you have working button holes, that limits the customer base. For one thing, folks who have slightly different arm or shoulder lengths (me, e.g.) wouldn't be able to use those suits.

Yeah, but they're assuming most guys won't know that or would rather have the working buttonholes. It's so rare to see properly fitting jacket sleeves these days, I doubt they're losing many sales.

I've seen quite a few guys wearing ill-fitting jackets with working buttonholes lately. Very trendy at the moment.

7. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

FYI:

Depending on the reason for your return, if you request an exchange, the
    coupon will not be affected. I am afraid if you return the items for a
    refund, and the total value of the order drops to less than $250, the $100
    coupon will not be effective.

Therefor we will have to add the $100, and then calculate the difference
    between total value of the order and the total of the goods returned. If
    there is a difference, we will be sure to credit your account.

Has anyone gotten a different answer at the store??

8. marc237

marc237 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they're assuming most guys won't know that or would rather have the working buttonholes. It's so rare to see properly fitting jacket sleeves these days, I doubt they're losing many sales.

I've seen quite a few guys wearing ill-fitting jackets with working buttonholes lately. Very trendy at the moment.

I agree 100%. The deal with the CT suits seems to be that the buttons are places relatively high on the sleeves. Hence, one could shorten if necessary. I think lengthening would make the sleeves appear somewhat odd, but there is certainly enough fabric to permit lengthening.

9. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm if the $100 off is still in effect? The price change did not reflect in my order window; I am assuming it is no longer in effect.

Holy thread resurrection!

Yes, the code does seem to be working again. Of course, there aren't a lot of shoes in the clearance section, but it works when you click the link on the first page.

10. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

Link _seemed_ to work, but it didn't take the $100 off when I filled my cart... [​IMG]

11. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

Bummer, the new code doesn't include stuff from the clearance section. This isn't nearly the deal from the first time around.

12. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

Bummer, the new code doesn't include stuff from the clearance section. This isn't nearly the deal from the first time around.

Yeah, that's what I just figured out. Of course, I was shopping exclusively in the discount section. 6-8 CT shirts for $150 would have been a pretty good deal.

EDIT: Eh. I didn't really need those shirts anyway.