• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
HI Kevin - how does the VAT reduction work with the current 20% off code for US-based customers?

Hi,

The 20% VAT is drawn from the total amount after the coupon discount.

You'll see how it works at the last step of the checkout process.;)

Then US taxes will be applied in accordance with US import laws. (I'm not too familiar, so you probably know more than I do..)

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today our creative guy, Robert, built a new backdrop for our entrance display.

What do you guys think about it?

3FD515B5-9A9C-4CC4-BBE6-D83C9074526C.jpeg

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today our creative guy, Robert, built a new backdrop for our entrance display.

What do you guys think about it?

View attachment 971198

I like the aesthetic. The only quibble I have (which outs me as a menswear nerd), is that the lower button on the green SC does not align with button/waist band of the trouser.

Other than that, looks great!

Quick question: do you do group MTOs with C&J? As in special makeups?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the aesthetic. The only quibble I have (which outs me as a menswear nerd), is that the lower button on the green SC does not align with button/waist band of the trouser.
very interesting--I have never heard of this and it does not make sense to me. Can you elaborate on why you find this important? Does this mean that high-waisted trousers should be worn with jackets with high buttoning points?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Other than that, looks great!

Quick question: do you do group MTOs with C&J? As in special makeups?

Well, what can I say. Full body mannequins suck. Even the expensive ones. Sz. 46 waist and 190cm tall. Hard to get the proportions right.

Regarding GMTOs, we have not done anything with C&J yet. But it is absolutely possible.

What shoe would you like to see as a GMTO?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very interesting--I have never heard of this and it does not make sense to me. Can you elaborate on why you find this important? Does this mean that high-waisted trousers should be worn with jackets with high buttoning points?

One of the rules for classical tailoring/style is the triangle rule. That is, there should be a small triangle below the fastening button, and above the bottom button. This would typically apply to mid-rise trousers.

This Paul Stuart pic is an example:

Paul-Stuart-High-button-stance-407x1024.jpg

For high-rise trousers, it's a bit different. Here's Tom Ford:

Tom+Ford+Cocktails+Support+Project+Angel+Food+uszQMtZMQUKx.jpg

MattS over at AAAC has a good explanation about this:

"His trousers have a high rise with a thick waistband. The top of the trousers hits about an inch below the button of the jacket. This allows the jacket and trousers to flow smoothly from one another, giving the suit a unified and sleek look."

So it really depends on your preference. I like both the mid-rise and high-rise look. I think the jackets in the mannequins above are a bit too short on those trousers.

So the closest Tom Ford model that has the high-rise aesthetic is the defunct Base T model, which also comes with double-pleated trousers. Very comfy, but the leg opening is also very wide and might look strange.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regarding GMTOs, we have not done anything with C&J yet. But it is absolutely possible.

What shoe would you like to see as a GMTO?

Was thinking about the Camberley in a unique leather makeup. Possibly cordovan, or just an interesting shade in calf leather.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like both the mid-rise and high-rise look. I think the jackets in the mannequins above are a bit too short on those trousers.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. Your first post sounded like you thought the bottom button should sit at the level of the waistband, when based on the photo of Tom Ford's suit I think you mean that the bottom button should be at the level of or below the waistband, which I agree with.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the clarification. Your first post sounded like you thought the bottom button should sit at the level of the waistband, when based on the photo of Tom Ford's suit I think you mean that the bottom button should be at the level of or below the waistband, which I agree with.

Yeah, exactly. Depends on the rise of the trousers.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member