• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Rolf

Reaction score
I’m sure I read something about added length to the premium shirts, but I also hope the cuffs become slightly roomier as well in the future. My watches barely fit under this season.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The picture doesn't really convey the amount of room in the waist, it does look good like this.

What do you guys think?

These are the Mod 2 trousers which fit pretty slim on me, I need to take them out in the groinseam, if there is a such a term. I have the Mod 3 trousers in the same cloth and I'll probably use them most of the time with this jacket.

View attachment 2136647

PS. Dog as bonus
A black grenadine tie and you have yourself a top tier outfit, really nice!

MrNestor

Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on a black grenadine on my latest order but chose the midblue one instead. I didn't like the color. =(

I never wear black if I can avoid, so navy grenadine will do well instead!

jsong812

Reaction score
New mix and match suiting online now!

Choose between Model-2 and Model-3 trousers, and mix and match jacket and trousers sizes.

Navy Twill
Navy High Twist
Charcoal High Twist

All cloth made to our own spec.

The 'Cavour Twist' is very similar to and inspired by the famed Crispaire from H&S.

large.jpg
I can’t find the matching grey trousers for the db charcoal jacket. When I click the link to “make it a suit”, it takes me to the navy trousers.

MrNestor

Reaction score
Concerning seethrough-ability in the cream flannels. How do you guys handle that issue in white trousers?
At first I was perplexed that everything was showing through and assumed they weren't lined. But they are, it's see-through anyways. Even my striped boxer shorts and striped shirt is totally visible though the cloth.

Do you reline them at the tailors with another lining, if so how much would that be?

I love the color though and I will finally have the guts to wear a cream coloured pant outside of warmer months!

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Where do you find the fabric details on the blazers? Specifically the mill for example this one

MrNestor

Reaction score
Further back in the thread people have asked before, and received answers.

Can't find it now but I think the fabric is from Drago for that one, but not completely sure.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kevin, do you care to tell us what fabric the Mod 3 Covert Wool trousers are, or is that a trade secret?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where do you find the fabric details on the blazers? Specifically the mill for example this one

The mills give us no reason to advertise for them, they mostly just increase the price every season.. Which is why the details that matter (composition and weight) are in the description.

This one is from Drago

MrNestor

Reaction score
Not quite sure I understand why, if a 150 felt good, you would order a 148...?🤔
Here is a quick picture of the 148 jacket. It felt much more flattering in several aspects but I'm slightly concerned about the shoulders.
Size 150 already gives my shoulders a nice huggy feeling and even though it doesn't really show on the picture there was a pretty big shoulder divot on the right shoulder, except for when I had my arm completely straight. The jacket still has plenty of room in the waist.
It sits even better over the back and the problems you see on the picture is due to me rotating to take the picture.

What you think?

PS. You can actually see a slight divot on the second picture.

70B6AF98-049B-45D0-AE64-633EE1A9F882_1_201_a.jpeg
B1570D4D-918F-4235-B963-17ACDF05CEA9_1_201_a.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads