• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About time they redesign the thing but this suffers from a lot of the same problems their other body on frame SUVs do. Excessively poor packaging and 4 cylinder engines that disappoint the diehards and don’t really bring that much of an improvement in fuel economy.

The interior is modernized, but the second row is smaller than before, doesn’t fold flat and the rear cargo load floor is high AF. That was a problem on the Sequoia too due to the hybrid mechanicals.

And then of course there is the mid 90’s Isuzu vibes with the exterior.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Looking forward to checking out the new Lexus GX. I'm not in the market for another two years and by then I hope 1) better colour options 2) have an option other than the 22" low profile rims on the Luxury/Luxury+.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About time they redesign the thing but this suffers from a lot of the same problems their other body on frame SUVs do. Excessively poor packaging and 4 cylinder engines that disappoint the diehards and don’t really bring that much of an improvement in fuel economy.

The interior is modernized, but the second row is smaller than before, doesn’t fold flat and the rear cargo load floor is high AF. That was a problem on the Sequoia too due to the hybrid mechanicals.

The black exterior cladding kills it for me. It looks like an afterthought though they will sell a ton of them.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Real men will wait for the Rivian R2.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the new 4Runner looks nice but it’s hard to see where it fits in the lineup. Same engine as the Land Cruiser? Will pricing overlap?

I’d have given it a different powertrain and priced it well under the Land Cruiser.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't get this either - if you're doing smaller displacement, why is the fuel economy so bad? (and if its not improving MPGs, why do it)

Isn’t this an emissions thing for the US? Smaller engines to meet the standards backed up by a hybrid component.

I don't think they have announced fuel economy but if it matches the Land Cruiser you will get 22 to 25mpg on the highway. The old 4Runner was around 17. So you are getting better MPG and higher performance.

I agree with critics that hybrid engines are a poor stop gap till fully electric goes mainstream, but it seems like a decent powertrain to me.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the new 4Runner looks nice but it’s hard to see where it fits in the lineup. Same engine as the Land Cruiser? Will pricing overlap?

I’d have given it a different powertrain and priced it well under the Land Cruiser.
Current 4Runner is like $40k up to like $55k for the top level while LC starts at $56k up to about $75k for the First Edition. I'm guessing starting trim for the new 4runner will be like $43k going up to like $60k. Not too much overlap.

Bigger issue is when the First Edition LC is all sold out, is if Toyota is going to offer additional trims for the LC for more differentiation. New 4Runner is going to have 9 trims while the LC will only have 2 going forward once the FE's are all allocated and sold.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Per Superfast Matt's video, the raised cargo floor is for the hybrid's high-voltage battery, and it isn't there in the non-hybrid model. Also, you don't have to get the black fender blisters:
2025-toyota-4runner-limited-105-jpg-6615620a884b3.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if similar cargo area loss will happen with the GX when it gets a hybrid? That's my other hope for the GX within the next couple of years, a plug-in hybrid model. I figure once we retire we can do 80% of our driving in EV mode.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Superfast Matt's video, the raised cargo floor is for the hybrid's high-voltage battery, and it isn't there in the non-hybrid model. Also, you don't have to get the black fender blisters:
2025-toyota-4runner-limited-105-jpg-6615620a884b3.jpg
Thank god you can remove that black front lip. It looks ugly AF. I wish they did the TOYOTA script vs the logo.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I feel compelled to note that almost no one here should buy any of these Toyota trucks based on their actual usages of their cars. You’re all too old for cosplay.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel compelled to note that almost no one here should buy any of these Toyota trucks based on their actual usages of their cars. You’re all too old for cosplay.
Lol, obviously. I'm never going off-roading or plan on hauling anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads