• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carlo Franco

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why hasn't chuck handled these issues directly? I understand that he is super busy with his "career" but not even a "heysorryifukedyaover" post?

dl

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joshman
Kabbaz isn't just a clown as he's known, he's a bit of a contortionist aswell.

He says he was taken out of context. But how can this quote be taken out of context?

"Carlo Franco ties are made from. Overly heavy. Overly shiny. Overly delicate and snag-prone. Overly underwhelming."Alex Kabazz

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
Why hasn't chuck handled these issues directly? I understand that he is super busy with his "career" but not even a "heysorryifukedyaover" post?

dl

Because the strategy is to make Jill the face of the "new" business so that everything can be blamed on Chuck and the others who ruined it, while Jill had nothing to do and didn't know about any past problems
wink.gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
He says he was taken out of context. But how can this quote be taken out of context?

"Carlo Franco ties are made from. Overly heavy. Overly shiny. Overly delicate and snag-prone. Overly underwhelming."Alex Kabazz

Charvet? And I love Charvet.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jill
As on AAAC, I will not try to explain everything to everyone because 1) it would not be productive and 2) it would stir up more drama than is necessary and 3) those of you who love drama would not believe it anyway.. I am, of course, inclined to want to defend every accusation - especially those that are false. But that's not why I am here. I do not seek to build any new business. I'm merely trying to clean up what I now see is old business.

I shall be happy to extend a sincere apology to anyone with whom we had unfinished business. Whether you believe me or not (and those of you who know me, I think will) I knew nothing of unfinished business until I sent out the email promotion which was intended to 1) meet the requests of many old satisfied customers who have been asking to buy ties and 2) clear out some inventory of ties that are doing noone any good in the storage facility. As i mentioned on AAAC, we had outsourced everything to incompetent workers who assured us that everything had been handled. We were extremely naive and unprofessional in that we never bothered following up to see if it was true. It wasn't. In fact, I have logged on to AAAC and SF this week for the first time in over 2 years to see that I actually had PMs waiting. Any moderator can verify this.

So I will say only this. I didn't apologize or explain before, because I did not know I had anything for which to apologize. I am now humbly apologizing to those who have unfinished business, and am asking that you contact me to resolve it at: Jill (at) carlofranco.com. Oh, and one other note. I can assure you that neither Andy nor Alex has any interest whatsoever in CarloFranco. This is purely me, Jill. Chuck, while he loved the business, loved our customers, the forums and making ties, is not at all involved in this project either. He is overwhelmingly busy with his career. Suffice it to say, we got overwhelmed. We outsourced, rather than dealing. And that was, apparently, a massive mistake. To those of you who feel deceived, I once again offer my sincere and humble apologies and ask that you contact me personally to take care of business. I am not expecting to ever be the object of your affection or the "golden boy" of sartoria. I just don't like unfinished business. And now that I am aware of it, I am seeking to fix it.

Regards,

Jill

COMPLETE AWESOME HORSESHIT.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny thing is they are selling bowties. I got my styleforum tie, but given the controversy here, I can't order from this place until I hear better things spoken about them.

The Contrarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
COMPLETE AWESOME HORSESHIT.

That's not so awesome.

As implausible as it may sound, that is absolutely true. The CarloFranco website / email had been DOWN for two years until about 4 or 5 months ago, when I got a notice to renew the domain. It was at this time I started receiving emails again.

This probably is.

The who is record shows the following information:

Charles Franke ([email protected])
+1.9725238621
Fax: +1.2145502712
6593 Ryeworth Drive
Frisco, TX 75035
US

Name Servers:
ns1501.hostgator.com
ns1502.hostgator.com

Creation date: 12 Jun 2003 04:43:00
Expiration date: 12 Jun 2011 04:43:00
Need a shoehorn for the other foot?

Jill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Contrarian
Need a shoehorn for the other foot?

No. I don't.

However, any former customer who would like to see proof that you are just being contrary, I will be happy to provide it to them privately.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never said that "everything should be fine", JB. Audrey joined the military without even telling us. It took two months to even figure out where she was and where we could go to get our inventory back from her. I don't recall your ever being a customer. So I don't expect you to believe me or attest to my credibility. I have said quite clearly that despite the fact that our workers seriously dropped the ball, I still take full responsibility for trying to fix things. So I'm not sure why you're trying to call BS on me. I have been encouraged by many to not engage any critic who calls me/us an outright liar. But that is not in my nature. Frankly, you know not of which you speak.

If you weren't involved with what was going on then how could you know if i was a customer? This thread is full of people who joined pre 2005, not a bunch of newbies trying to bash you for the heck of it.

What I do know is that myself and others ordered ties and did not receive them or there money back. I remember quite clearly ordering a red/gold/olive paisley tie that was one of the display pictures on your site and never receiving it or my money back. All I remember getting was a bunch of horse **** which you continue to dish out.

Bottom line is DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE, THEY ARE SCUM!!!

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this guy was smart, he would have removed all traces of his name from this 'new' attempt at business, instead of once again propping some chick up as another defender. Well, if he was really smart, he would not have blatantly fucked a lot of people out of a lot of money, and then blatantly lying many times about the circumstances. Absolutely blatant, ******* bullshit lies.

They can come on here every few years and try to pretend it's a new day, and it's hilarious every time.

'Do you think they'll forgive this time? We'll take a page out of politics, deny, misdirection, new promises, and then the tie orders will flow like wine!'

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faded501s
^^^Yes, this...and what m@T said, exactly.

I have no dealings with CF but from what I've read, the douchebaggery seems to rank right up there with the infamous Attolini pink cashmere tie incident. Seriously, you're dealing with the most sophisticated of consumers and the excuses have run the gamut, seemingly getting more and more bizarre. The business's namesake is so busy with his career he has just completely ignored the business for 2 years? while orders were paid for and not fulfilled? WOW!?!

While I agree with everything you said, I want to especially point the bolded passage. SF / AAAC (LL as well, but they are another level altogether) are the elite sartorial information depositories on the internet. Anyone doing business on either one of these forums should realize this before they market a new business venture to members.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Yes, exactly. That's basically what I was trying to say. I don't know what the stats are for SF but I'd bet there are hundreds if not thousands of unique visitors per day that come wandering through here via some kind of sartorial search on a search engine. Google any obscure brand or anything related to men's clothing like "best suit" or "suit construction" or "slim fit shirts" or whatever and SF and AAAC are always going to be in the top 5.

Anyone searching about the $165 Carlo Franco ties that they're blowing out for $20 (I'm making this up) is going to end up here, reading our very words...and pass. Honestly, I could care less but I'm a marketing guy and the blunders really are enough to irk the hell out of me. Just the tone of this chick Jill is amazing to me.

It's really easy...
"Hi guys. This is Jill from Carlo Franco. My apologies that we've been AWOL for so long but it's a long story. Without getting into it, we've recently found out that we owe a bunch of you guys some ties that were never delivered. We don't know who you are (again, long story) but please email me at Jill(at)CarloFrancodotcom or call 888-555-2222 and we'll do whatever we can to make you whole.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this mess but I'm here now and want to make you happy."

Mr T

Reaction score
Well this was a bit before my time so I am having some trouble arriving at a decision. Is there any way we can tie Connemara, Kwilk or Edinatlanta to any of this? At various times they have all seemed a bit sketchy to me.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am surprised these people are functioning human beings in real life. They obviously have no clue how to run a business and at most times it is hard to believe it is not some massive forum inside joke. What a bunch of clowns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads