• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
A few facts:

-These are leather workboots.
-Leather is not waterproof but can be made water resistant if treated with Sno-seal, mink oil, etc.

How resistant do they get with such products? And how often does it need to be applied?

B_RAD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
I went with the same rw size. The rw's actually fit a bit looser.
Thanks but I called ll bean and the lady said they fit TTS with regular gym socks. Idk wut size I'm gonna get but ill try going tts and hope for the best.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
How resistant do they get with such products? And how often does it need to be applied?

I wear a 6-year-old cheap-ass pair of Skechers boots for walking in the snow and heavy rain. I slather mink oil all over them about twice every winter. My feet have always stayed dry.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BRMC_doves
Where can you find these in BC?

BTW, what online shops carry these?

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49464...engineer-boots

Also, as a note, I used Nikwax Aqueous Wax (a couple of layers) and my feet remained dry. They will have an effect upon the aesthetic, but I liked it. Gives the leather more character in my opinion.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
^^Thank you very much for that.

I was under the impression I could get these in black. fcuk! I still need boots to pair with a MA-1 jacket and a black leather perfecto/double rider

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BRMC_doves
Where can you find these in BC? BTW, what online shops carry these?
Yup just get em off LL Bean. Ever since getting mine I've started to notice a few people wearing them in Vancouver.
plain.gif
BTW, good call on keeping the MA-1.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Anybody got a comparison between the Katahdins and Wolverine 1000 Mile boots? I've tried on the 1000 mile boots and they felt really good and fit fine for me, but are they as durable and reliable?

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Anyone ever try black polish on these?

I have not but am intrigued. What were you envisioning or hoping to accomplish?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Anyone ever try black polish on these?

I'm curious to see what happens if you do....

Originally Posted by fungz0r
Anybody got a comparison between the Katahdins and Wolverine 1000 Mile boots? I've tried on the 1000 mile boots and they felt really good and fit fine for me, but are they as durable and reliable?

I have both in opposing colors and feel i could get away with wolverines in a dressier setup as opposed to LL beans. I haven't beat the wolverines up enough to attest their durability.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
I have not but am intrigued. What were you envisioning or hoping to accomplish?
I need to get some cheap beater boots this fall, but I don't particularly want light brown. Obenauf's seems to darken them a bit, but I'm wondering if black polish would darken them further. Found a MC thread about this. Someone should try it, so I don't have to.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads