• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well I lost my tape measure, but in my best estimate it's between 10 and 13 inches. :paranoia:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wes, I thought you might like this...

Dear ME,

What is the bottom outside length, toe to back of heel, please?

- THE OTHER GUY

Had two of those this weekend as well. I always chuckle, but still gladly answer. If by chance his name is Paulo...he does usually end up buying something. Even though I give him a hard time about his choice of measurements.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Just realized a drawback of allowing returns with free shipping. If they return you're out the original shipping, instead of being able to hold out the original shipping. Thoughts?

Go onto any real company website that offers free shipping and returns. They either have a restocking fee or a restocking fee + will deduct the original actual shipping price from the refund. Just put that info in your shipping details an you should be set. totally different story if a buyer does not read your shipping details and then bitches to ebay or leaves neg feedback...

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Go onto any real company website that offers free shipping and returns. They either have a restocking fee or a restocking fee + will deduct the original actual shipping price from the refund. Just put that info in your shipping details an you should be set. totally different story if a buyer does not read your shipping details and then bitches to ebay or leaves neg feedback...

This is what I always wonder. Is anything you write in regards to terms for returns/shipping actually enforceable? At the end of the day, can't the buyer just whine to ebay until they get their way?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just realized a drawback of allowing returns with free shipping. If they return you're out the original shipping, instead of being able to hold out the original shipping. Thoughts?
I charge a 10% restocking fee...if the return is due to no fault of my own. Then once it is returned, do a transaction cancellation request...you will get most of your ebay fees back too. I have these terms in my FAQs, also in a Terms and Conditions section (linked) to each of my listings. I also reiterate the terms in the emails proir to a return. My current case is the only problem/dissagreement I have had over the terms to date.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I charge a 10% restocking fee...if the return is due to no fault of my own. Then once it is returned, do a transaction cancellation request...you will get most of your ebay fees back too. I have these terms in my FAQs, also in a Terms and Conditions section (linked) to each of my listings. I also reiterate the terms in the emails proir to a return. My current case is the only problem/dissagreement I have had over the terms to date.

Yeah, but 10% might not be enough to cover shipping. I guess you just have to eat the loss as a cost of doing business.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah, but 10% might not be enough to cover shipping. I guess you just have to eat the loss as a cost of doing business. 

You can set it higher. Not sure if there is a cap though.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can set it higher. Not sure if there is a cap though.
Yeah I don't know about a cap either. You just want to make sure it is a reasonable percentage or you will more than likely get dinged with neg FB or a case.

More importantly, with honest/accurate listings, good photos, and quality merch, you shouldn't have a very high return rate. Mine is around 1%. If you have to eat half of the shipping cost every now and then, it's ok.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my first ever ebay case opened against me today. Buyer had sent message with this as the entire text "What if the pants don't fit?".
I responded "Resell them".
Buyer opens case stating that the pants are not the size represented in the auction and that I refused to take them back.
Dumb ****.
1. He didn't ask me to take them back.
2. He didn't tell me that the pants are not the size advertised. I seriously doubt that these made in the US BB Saxxon pants are not W32 as advertised.

Here is the resolution from ebay:

Details:
Decision:
We've asked the buyer to return the item to you for full refund.

Comments:
The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a full refund.

To clarify, the pants are exactly the size listed in the auction. My guess is that the buyer has no idea that Madison pants are cut fuller in the seat, thigh and leg and doesn't like the fit. Or perhaps he has no idea what his size is.

Anyway, you may think that you have a "no returns" policy on ebay. You don't.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I agree with this.

I might as well just apply the 14 day return policy, to go for top-rated seller status, and hope for the best.

Not needed for TRS status. Only needed for FV fee discount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads